Interior ideas

07GtS197

Reaction score
What kind of interesting ideas do you guys have to update the interior of your stangs? Ive been tossing around some ideas like new open door chime, tablet radio, ambient lighting and something like delayed accessories like newer cars. Any of these doable you think? Any ideas you guys have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I started simple just painting my dash gloss black and putting a green strip down the middle. Now +10yrs later after discovering the joy of a cnc router its gotten out of hand. I made the switch panel in the ashtray and then added the usb and remote radar controls below the new deck.
3Jf9BUK.jpg

when my airbag went off in an accident it bent the dash supports that the bag mounts to just enough that it stuck out 1/2". So I again pulled out the cnc and made something a little different.
ExFmM9N.jpg

I have a guilty pleasure with lighting. I certainly do not keep them on often really just for shows.
0SUgqKY.jpg

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ive been looking over your thread and thats what got me thinking about doing some modernizing/customizing to bring it into the present. I got a ‘17 gt in January and love the modern amenadies (sp). Id like at least some of those in my 02 gt lol.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ive been looking over your thread and thats what got me thinking about doing some modernizing/customizing to bring it into the present. I got a ‘17 gt in January and love the modern amenadies (sp). Id like at least some of those in my 02 gt lol.

if there is anything on there ya like and want let me know. I am about to do add 2 buttons below the radio for a friends NO2 system similar to how I added the stuff under my radio. Its something I have been really enjoying.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
The only thing I've done so far is cover the A pillars in alcantara and flush mount the microphone for my radio. I'm thinking of doing everything from the door line up this way and leaving the from that line down stock.
d10c95e07f44460e70b7d8a07bb99291.jpg
ee84b7ff655bc21954e0dcd6f971992d.jpg

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thanks Scott, Ill peruse your thread and see if anything tickles my fancy.

A little background, I have a 17 gt that Im thinking about selling and putting more time and effort towards the 02 gt. Yeah it sounds kind of dumb but I have my reasons. And to be honest the coyote is a great motor but its a lot cheaper to build and boost a 4.6 to make better power than the stock coyote. Plus I like the idea of built not bought. So I want to upgrade the interior a little to bring it into the modern car world.

I have so many ideas but Id need a lot of money to make them a reality I think lol.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oooh that’s a good topic for a debate thread because I disagree!

Yeah from what I’ve seen the latest generation coyotes are making huge numbers with minimal done. Plus they already start way ahead of where any 4.6 dreams of.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Maybe Im in the minority here but I prefer the older tried and true sn95 over the s550. Plus they dont drink oil like the coyote does lol. Yes it has a lot of nice creature comforts but imo there are things about my 02 that I like so much better. The ac is a good example. My 02 will freeze my ass off in a matter of minutes even in 90*+ and high humidity and my 17 just plain sucks. It takes forever to cool down and it doesnt get as cool as it should in hot weather. It could need some more r134a but its a new car for crying out loud. The driveability is nice but these computers nowadays control everything. You cant even downshift like you could in the pre 05’s (rev match I think).

And the coyote is nice and all but its not all its cracked up to be. It drinks oil and has no low end torque. I have the performance package with an mt82 and 3.73 and it still feels gutless on the low end. But yes the power potential is great with them. The gen 2 is fully forged from the factory and can handle quite a bit of power but boost is way more expensive for these cars than for the older stangs. I havent done a lot of research so Im not quoting any numbers though.

And lastly I really want a Terminator as of late lol.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
You got me, dollor for dollar that makes more power than any older supercharger system.

Another point I meant to bring up in my previous post is that youre paying more not only because of the blower kit but the car too. Its probably a non issue for most people because whats 5k more when youre paying for a 30k+ car. At least an sn95 you own outright.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I don’t disagree the value of owning a car versus modifying one with a car note! My wife’s 3V S197 was somewhat a turd until we did LTs, full exhaust, deleted the charge motion shit, cold air and a tune. It made 330 at the wheels in that trim but still had no low end torque. That’s just the price you pay for low displacement, “high rpm” over head cam engines.

My SN95’s both offered a better and more visceral driving experience. The S197 and S550 with their remote mount shifters are garbage. They’re almost too refined. The newer cars, especially the S550, have a much better chassis to start with if you plan to attack corners.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Spot on with the shifters they are sloppy and I have nothing but issues with my 07 gt but its been sitting anyway. But yeah mine is full bolt ons minus cams and headers and its quick but its pretty gutless too. I will say though I hurt a lot of feelings with my 3v. I went toe to toe with a Masseratti with a tt v6 and an 8 speed and kept right up. Im proud of that little 3v lol.

I have the stock shifter in my 17 and its smooth but it has some wierd tendencies along with the mt82. Usually when shifting itll guide you in but sometimes when going from 4th to 5th itll guide you back into 3rd. Itll be like theres a wall where 5th is. Oh and once I was coasting up to a red light in neutral and when it turned green I went to put it into 3rd and it went into 1st! Itll go in no problem even at 20 mph but luckily I noticed it felt weird before I released the clutch so I fixed it. Also the few gears I get a little nibble Ford says is normal. If its going damage I dont care because the bill will be on them when something breaks.

Also Im looking for a fun street car not a track monster so its not going to be built to the max/caged/tubbed... Just full interior, big brakes, more power and creature comforts.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
It definitely comes down to you like what you like. I was looking at GT500's before I bought my 04. Mostly the 07-09 variety. They just didn't do it for me. I never looked at one and thought dddaaaammmmnnnn. I do that with the Terminators so that was the main reason I went with one.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think the new models are the first style since the original sn95 that I have liked right out of the box. Mind you I was 18 when the 94 came out and what 18yr old doesn't dream of the new model mustang?!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online