Is this Termi worth it?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. Sometime you just enough don't want to mess with crap. Especially if you have to keep paying someone to fix it.

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

chris91

Reaction score
And this car only has 68k miles. Yeah, definitely worth it even if it had a blown engine. Id snatch it up quick before anyone else does. It IS tax season...

Sinned83

Reaction score
I'd pass I refuse to buy other peoples problems. Been there with the Atlantic blue GT about 5 grand later it was a good car.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In our area that is a really good price with that mod list, I'm betting this guy is just tired of it and needs to get it gone from his life.

Horsepower by Herman is a well known shop also so if they did a run down on the car the list is probably accurate.

Hmmm I have a built Teksid in the garage and a spare IRS too :) If this was a vert I would already be in my car.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't take the gamble. I was going to be buying a Sonic Blue 03 for $13,500 that had zero issues other than a dent in the passenger door. They're out there, you just have to look for a while and you will find a good one.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't take the gamble. I was going to be buying a Sonic Blue 03 for $13,500 that had zero issues other than a dent in the passenger door. They're out there, you just have to look for a while and you will find a good one.

Heres a question for you..what made you not get it? In all seriousness Id like to know what stopped you cause Im sure it could help me with a decision on any termi.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Heres a question for you..what made you not get it? In all seriousness Id like to know what stopped you cause Im sure it could help me with a decision on any termi.
The t56 just felt like crap. Something about it I did not like one bit. And driving it, it really felt exactly like my car and really not that much faster. So I figured, hell my car is cleaner and I can make it faster and nicer for wayyyy less than $10,000. Plus the unique factor, you hardly never see a terminator that isn't done up right, and around here there's one of every color within a 30 mile radius, so they're just not that rare.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
The t56 just felt like crap. Something about it I did not like one bit. And driving it, it really felt exactly like my car and really not that much faster. So I figured, hell my car is cleaner and I can make it faster and nicer for wayyyy less than $10,000. Plus the unique factor, you hardly never see a terminator that isn't done up right, and around here there's one of every color within a 30 mile radius, so they're just not that rare.

Well that's depressing. I was hoping a six speed would be a highlight. Well this is something to really take into consideration. Thanks man!

Goldmember

Reaction score
Just my $.02, and others have said it in this thread:

I was burned on my '97 because I got all excited and knew I'd bought a car that was roughed up. Put it back into respectable condition. Even then, it was using oil, and it needed a new trans. If I was going to pay a price premium on a car, I'd be looking low-miles, one owner, stock. Paid $9900 for my GT in 2011; even though that's on the high side of fair, it met every criteria I just mentioned.

It's nice when you don't have to fix the other guy's mistakes and another shop's botches.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Run away!

Buying other people's mistakes is just more of a mistake. Don't get suckered.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys! Im gonna skip on this one, like y'all said it's not good to buy into someone else's problems. There's plenty of cobras I can grab for alittle more and not have to worry about getting them to run right and all that.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Buying use is always a gamble. . It's a shame that could be a 600hp car. . To bad I'm way down here. .

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Buying use is always a gamble. . It's a shame that could be a 600hp car. . To bad I'm way down here. .

You are right, maybe when I have alittle bit more know how on those cars I could chance it. But it's not a gamble worth it to me or for me. I realize the potential of this car, but it's for someone slightly more mechanically inclined.

Nacho98

Reaction score
I'll be blunt - that car is a piece of shit.

I guarantee you will put $8k into it easily, and you'll be left with a 64k mile car that has faded paint, whereas for $20k you could have a 15k mile pristine, unmolested original with no problems.

You'll pay the same either way.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
I'll be blunt - that car is a piece of shit.

I guarantee you will put $8k into it easily, and you'll be left with a 64k mile car that has faded paint, whereas for $20k you could have a 15k mile pristine, unmolested original with no problems.

You'll pay the same either way.

I agree now, guess I just got excited when I saw a cobra for 11.5 haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online