Paul said:
Let's see, the LSx series of engines produced by GM today are:

1. More powerful.
2. Lighter.
3. Cheaper.
4. More fuel efficient.
4. Smaller.
6. Easier to repair.
7. Cheaper to manufacture. (due principally to a simpler design)
8. Larger displacement.

If you guys really want, I can dig up the old threads but it would be pretty silly at this point. Anybody with half a brain can compare the powerplants of Mustangs to the powerplants available to GM owners and discover that Ford is giving their customers the short end of the stick in terms of powerplants.

Paul.

And that proves that modular motors suck donkey balls how?

Holy crap - did you just ask that?

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
jfor441 said:
Paul said:

1. More powerful.
2. Lighter.
3. Cheaper.
4. More fuel efficient.
4. Smaller.
6. Easier to repair.
8. Larger displacement.

If you guys really want, I can dig up the old threads but it would be pretty silly at this point. Anybody with half a brain can compare the powerplants of Mustangs to the powerplants available to GM owners and discover that Ford is giving their customers the short end of the stick in terms of powerplants.

Paul.

Holy crap... did you just avoid answering how modular motors suck donkey balls?

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Ford vs. Chevy. Which is better? <==== That will forever be argued. And it will forever be just an "arguement" because it can be argued so many different ways from both sides. I, myself, am a die hard Ford fan. Always have been. I grew up around Ford fans. Obviously, they're doing something right or they wouldn't have the top spot in truck sales, the Mustang wouldn't always do so well. Hell, the Exploder was the #1 SUV the first yr it was released and continued for a few yrs after. The Taurus sold VERY well. But all in all, it's pretty pointless to go back and forth with opinions cause it just causes pointless pissin' matches.
We like our Mustangs that's why we have them. That's why we are members of a Mustang forum. :xmassign:

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul- <in regards to the legacy of the Mustang>
IF everything you say about the mod motors is true (the fact that they suck so much), wouldn't that be testiment to how great the Mustang legacy is? Considering how many people own them. If they suck so bad, why do SO MANY people buy them??
If Corvettes legacy were so much better, why were so many for sale at those auctions? I sure as hell don't want to sell my car.

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Ford vs. Chevy. Which is better? <==== That will forever be argued. And it will forever be just an "arguement" because it can be argued so many different ways from both sides. I, myself, am a die hard Ford fan. Always have been. I grew up around Ford fans. Obviously, they're doing something right or they wouldn't have the top spot in truck sales, the Mustang wouldn't always do so well. Hell, the Exploder was the #1 SUV the first yr it was released and continued for a few yrs after. The Taurus sold VERY well. But all in all, it's pretty pointless to go back and forth with opinions cause it just causes pointless pissin' matches.
We like our Mustangs that's why we have them. That's why we are members of a Mustang forum. :xmassign:

good point, dont think i dont hate chevy, its just im not going to argue valid points. lol. we all know
that as of right now, stock for stock both N/A, the LS is superior. Its just the way it is. Its not becuase
chevy is better, its just simple physics. Its a bigger motor, plain and simple. Has kick ass heads(something
our mods kinda lack as u all know) and has been tested for years because it was based of the small block
engine chevy has. We just have started using the mods, in 10 years, i wouldnt be supprised if the mod motor
is far superior. You just have to understand that Ford took a "taxi-cab" engine and is trying to make it a serious
performance peice. Stuff like that doesnt happen overnight. I for one think we are doing very well seeing as
the mod is so young. We have a long way to go in R&D so dont count the mods out. Ford knows what to
do it just takes time for them to do it.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
AaRoN said:

good point, dont think i dont hate chevy, its just im not going to argue valid points. lol. we all know
that as of right now, stock for stock both N/A, the LS is superior. Its just the way it is. Its not becuase
chevy is better, its just simple physics. Its a bigger motor, plain and simple. Has kick ass heads(something
our mods kinda lack as u all know) and has been tested for years because it was based of the small block
engine chevy has. We just have started using the mods, in 10 years, i wouldnt be supprised if the mod motor
is far superior. You just have to understand that Ford took a "taxi-cab" engine and is trying to make it a serious
performance peice. Stuff like that doesnt happen overnight. I for one think we are doing very well seeing as
the mod is so young. We have a long way to go in R&D so dont count the mods out. Ford knows what to
do it just takes time for them to do it.

I agree.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Aside from having pushrods, there aren't really many similarities between "your daddy's 350 chevy smallblock" and today's LSx series.

jfor441 said:
Paul said:
jfor441 said:
Paul said:

1. More powerful.
2. Lighter.
3. Cheaper.
4. More fuel efficient.
4. Smaller.
6. Easier to repair.
8. Larger displacement.

Paul.

They suck donkey balls for the eight reasons listed above. Is that clear enough for you?

Paul.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
Aside from having pushrods, there aren't really many similarities between "your daddy's 350 chevy smallblock" and today's LSx series.

jfor441 said:
Paul said:
jfor441 said:
Paul said:

1. More powerful.
2. Lighter.
3. Cheaper.
4. More fuel efficient.
4. Smaller.
6. Easier to repair.
8. Larger displacement.

Paul.

They suck donkey balls for the eight reasons listed above. Is that clear enough for you?

Paul.

Nope... you still never answered why the modular motors suck donkey balls. It is ok for you to admit when you don't what you are talking about in regards to modular motors.

Reaction score
One of the biggest downfalls we have as a matter of fact, is our damn heads! The LS series is only called that cause it has
...drumroll please.....LS HEADS! lol. well that and a couple other things, but i digress. The LS-1 is what im going to base my
opinions off of, becuase it is the closest to our cubic inches so it will be the best comparison. The ls-1 puts out what, like
340ish at the crank? Paul u could prolly give me a better idea cuase i dont know s*** bout them, lol. Now lets look at the
new 3 valve 4.6's. Newer yes, but dont burst my bubble yet damnit, lol. Im on a roll here, haha. It puts out 300 at teh crank,
right? The 4.6=281in. The LS-1 is what, 347(i dunno, lol.). 281 cubes puttin out 300, 347 puttin out 340ish?. If you look at
the way things are going, we are catching up. We just have to be patient. If ford make the mod a 5.4 for all mustang GT's
and up, we could be looking at a much more level playing ground. But by the looks of what GM is doing, 5.4 wont be enough.
I dont know, yall tell me what yall think, lol

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
One of the biggest downfalls we have as a matter of fact, is our damn heads! The LS series is only called that cause it has
...drumroll please.....LS HEADS! lol. well that and a couple other things, but i digress. The LS-1 is what im going to base my
opinions off of, becuase it is the closest to our cubic inches so it will be the best comparison. The ls-1 puts out what, like
340ish at the crank? Paul u could prolly give me a better idea cuase i dont know s*** bout them, lol. Now lets look at the
new 3 valve 4.6's. Newer yes, but dont burst my bubble yet damnit, lol. Im on a roll here, haha. It puts out 300 at teh crank,
right? The 4.6=281in. The LS-1 is what, 347(i dunno, lol.). 281 cubes puttin out 300, 347 puttin out 340ish?. If you look at
the way things are going, we are catching up. We just have to be patient. If ford make the mod a 5.4 for all mustang GT's
and up, we could be looking at a much more level playing ground. But by the looks of what GM is doing, 5.4 wont be enough.

Ford is working a big inch modular motor. I think it is called Hurricane or something like. We will see it in our lifetime. Anyways, I am done arguing for the evening. I am going to the bar with some friends tonight.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Cubic inches are irrelevant. The LSx outperforms the current Ford modular motor in EVERY category - even fuel mileage - despite being larger displacement. It's not Chevy's fault that Ford won't build a motor with real displacement are real bore size.

It would be like whining that the 427 in the latest Z06 doesn't have a blower while the GT500KR does. It's irrelevant - it's all about power production, cost, fuel mileage, etc.

Paul.

Reaction score
paul im just talking about power per cubic inch. lol. im not sayin the LS series is not superior.

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
xsoutherngun89x said:

Ford is working a big inch modular motor. I think it is called Hurricane or something like. We will see it in our lifetime. Anyways, I am done arguing for the evening. I am going to the bar with some friends tonight.

the problem with that is that it wont ever be offered in a GT. It will be a cobra only motor and we will be left out
to fend for oursleves against the new Z28's and SS's. lol. And i dont have to remind u how our stock GT's did against
stock Z28's in the late 90's early 00's. lol

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
paul im just talking about power per cubic inch. lol. im not sayin the LS series is not superior.

HP per cubic inch or HP per liter is something riceboys came up with to justify to themselves why their cars don't suck.

It's irrelevant. Absolute power production and power under the curve is what matters.

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
man I take a break to go eat and miss a butt load of post in this thread........Ive said my thoughts, Ill watch from here. 8)

Reaction score
I couldnt agree more paul. at the end of the day no one cares if it is a big-block or a small-block,
it comes down to who will win the race.

What in your opinion do u think ford can do, other than drop the mod completely, to make it more
competetive? Like how much cubic inches are we talkin here. lol. The fuel mileage thing is a little iffy to
me man, they are kinda close in mixed driving. And also, when talkin performance, alot of people
dont really pay attention to fuel mileage. If your wanting to have a serious performance car, fuel
mileage will suffer. I do see what you are saying though, the LS series has advantages across the board.
I just believe the modulars are still improving and have a long way to go. When you compare the two engines
history(i.e. where they get there design from) the LS has a big advantage of years of R&D. We just have to put
in the time to catch up.

Reaction score
Lightning Struck said:
man I take a break to go eat and miss a butt load of post in this thread........Ive said my thoughts, Ill watch from here. 8)

haha, i was eating and typin... 8). lol

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
at the end of the day i believe ford has still the better product.. because nowadays its not so much about performance as it's about selling the cars.. ford out sold the camaro till they stopped making them, and they continue to prove the mustang is a superior car in sales.. ok it has more power and is more efficient.. but back in the day when someone looked at a 428cj mach 1 or a 454 chevelle.. they didn't go "hmm which one gets the better mileage?".. bragging about mileage and effieciency on a performance car is pointless, LSX motors are quite efficient, no doubt, just your arguing a battle about the mileage of a performance car.. the LAST thing i'd look at if i could spend 100k on a car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online