its here

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
back to the termi vs vette argument

the corvette and mustang are NOT in the same class, as stated i beleive quite a few times.

if you were to buy a cobra and invest enough money into it to equal the price of a vette of the same year, i think the cobra would spank it.

the 98-02 SS's and Z28s are fast, in fact, faster than our stock gt's and cobras of those years, BUT in todays prices, a decent WS6, SS or Z28 is in the $9k-15k price range. i have less than $5k in my gt and have beat a couple of lightly modded SS's and Ws6's. it doesnt happen a lot, but it has happened. imaging is i out an additional $4k in my car to bring it to the price of a SS......there would be no contest. maybe they do get a little better gas mileage :santa_undecided: so what?

as for the mods sucking donkey balls? i havnt seen you (paul) explain why, you just keep explaing why you PREFER the lsX's. the 03 mach 1 is a mod motor with NO supercharger, i have have also seen those beet SS's and Ws6s more than once.

I do prefer the push-rod, higher displacement motors, thats why i have a 94 (with a windsor in the works), but the mod motors have sooooooooo much potential and IS the motor of the future and WILL, even if not at the moment, outperform the outdated lsx series chevy motors. <;)

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Southerngun - I think if Ford starts making modulars with 4.000"+ bores and displacement somewhere in the 6.0L range, they will make SIGNIFICANTLY more power. However, all of that will be irrelevant unless they put them in NORMAL MUSTANGS. Not some uber-expensive limited edition you-need-a-letter-from-god-himself car that nobody can get.

To reply to V - you're right, fuel mileage (at least to me) is pretty immaterial. However, the LSx motors outperform Ford's lineup in EVERY category AND they have awesome fuel mileage. It's like icing on the LSx, er, I mean cake.

Paul.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
i'm on page 3 right now, so i hope 4 and 5 have cleared up some. i'll get back to reading them.

couple things i've noticed that i need to clear up.

1) for those wondering which website you are on, you are on sn95forums, in the GENERAL section, with the sub heading general CAR related chat.

- I'm sorry if to some of you the vette is not a car. i am truly sorry... for you.

2) Some of the counter arguements being presented in favor of stangs, can actually be better applied to this new vette.

3) wait a second, this was NEVER a thread to debate or argue over. get you heads out of your asses. This was posted just to share info about a new car debue. I would have done this on a chevy board, but i'm not on any chevy boards and don't care to converse with them. even about vettes. figured i'd have a discussion amungst people i actually enjoy conversing with.

Time to read page 4 and 5.

Reaction score
Paul said:
Southerngun - I think if Ford starts making modulars with 4.000"+ bores and displacement somewhere in the 6.0L range, they will make SIGNIFICANTLY more power. However, all of that will be irrelevant unless they put them in NORMAL MUSTANGS. Not some uber-expensive limited edition you-need-a-letter-from-god-himself car that nobody can get.

To reply to V - you're right, fuel mileage (at least to me) is pretty immaterial. However, the LSx motors outperform Ford's lineup in EVERY category AND they have awesome fuel mileage. It's like icing on the LSx, er, I mean cake.

Paul.

Thank you god, i can honestly say that i agree with every single word u said there paul. lol. Thats what i want is all this
"badass motors only in cobra's and step down ones in gt's" done away with! I dont understand how Ford can look and see
that even the Z28's came with the LS motors! We in the GT world deserve what the cobra gets. If u still wanna make the
cobra that much more kickass, slap a blower on the GT motor. Dont give the GT's the red headed step child engine!

CAN I GET AN AMEN?! lol.

well guys im goin to play forza 2 on live for awhile, be back on later. gamertag is xSouthernGun89x if anyone wants to join.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
With all this said: Which car sells more? If we're comparing the 2 why not compare sales? If the Mustang is built so horribly why does it keep outselling (by a landslide) the Vette??

because the vette isn't a mass production number car. GM can care less about outselling the mustang.

that was THE DUMBEST QUESTION I"VE EVER READ ONLINE.

and i've read a lot of dumb stuff.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
how the mustang line-up always was, and alway will be.

v6's- bread winners. tons of sales, 16 year old girls dream car.

GT's- confortable, good options, torquey "feeling" engine. illusion of performance. (if you don't believe this, do a little research. ford R&D has always spent more time tuning the exhuast sound and mid range rpm "feel" than anything else on the GT's.) - not a performance oriented car, they just want you to "feel" like you have a powerful car.

Cobra/Mach1/LE cars- shuts up the performance enthusiasts, at least long enough to sell v6's of that model run.

the sad truth.

wht46gt

Reaction score
wow way to much reading for me, can somebody give me cliff notes :santa_grin:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wht46gt said:

sure......

Vette is awesome

cobra is awesome

Ls engines are GOD

Modular engines are Great

whats better Vette VS Cobra

you suck, no you suck !!!!

how much did that cost

how much power??

fine Ill shut up

thats about it :santa_grin:

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
^ I wish I would have just come here before reading the whole thing.

I do love Ford but I don't have particular loyalty to a particular brand, the only loyalty I have is that it be AMERICAN!

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
tooslow said:
AaRoN said:
With all this said: Which car sells more? If we're comparing the 2 why not compare sales? If the Mustang is built so horribly why does it keep outselling (by a landslide) the Vette??

because the vette isn't a mass production number car. GM can care less about outselling the mustang.

that was THE DUMBEST QUESTION I"VE EVER READ ONLINE.

and i've read a lot of dumb stuff.

You basically solidified my point.. 8)

wht46gt

Reaction score
Lightning Struck said:
wht46gt said:

sure......

Vette is awesome

cobra is awesome

Ls engines are GOD

Modular engines are Great

whats better Vette VS Cobra

you suck, no you suck !!!!

how much did that cost

how much power??

fine Ill shut up

thats about it :santa_grin:

thank yoiu so much now i can relax

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
That might be a Chevy but it's a totally sick car, nobody can deny that. That car is just completely badass in every way. For it's performance out of the box 100g is a fair price.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
woo, look what I missed while I was gone ::)

Whoever thought this would happen??

Haha...the ZR1 is nasty.
Cobras are awesome too.
I will own a cobra way before any corvette.

Petek

Reaction score
i hate the fact that u can see the motor through the hood. it looks cheap and tacky.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
talking about bad-ASS...

Mystikal's avatar stops me in my tracks in everythread. "what the F was i just reading???" :D

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Mystikal said:
I do love Ford but I don't have particular loyalty to a particular brand, the only loyalty I have is that it be AMERICAN!

Ricky Bobby couldn't have said it better himself!

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Since I was young the vette has always been my favorite car. and I still love it but this pertains to all car manufacturers: they're all trying too hard!! they're coming out with too many cars that are ending up looking bad because they put too much into them. The cars end up looking too busy or too plain. The stupid thing in the middle of the zr1's hood WTF? it doesn't do anything and it's not part of the engine to show off it like those stupid cover's they put under the hood of your car to make the engine look better. Your engine bay doesn't need covers on it, you just have to take them off to work on it and they make it look cheaply manufactured IMO.

as for ford vs chevy. here's a concept, ford is so far behind that just now the gt is making what the camaro made nearly 10 yrs ago. sad. and btw it wasn't cleared up earlier an ls1 is a 350 lol. but anyway, the 350 = the 5.0 in ford. it's just what they do. except ford stopped with the 5.0 (god knows why all car manufacturers RUIN EVERYTHING THEY DO GOOD) then the 4.6 came out which is still a great motor but doesn't have nearly as much backing or experience in it as the 5.0 which makes people automatically down it. And i still don't understand why ford just doesn't up the displacement and power, I mean they have 20 different types of mustang why not make 1 bigger than 300ci.

I like how dodge never came into this discussion ROFL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online