Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Congradulations to our Jan ROTM winner!
01SportChic

(this is her page in the Calendar)
may2010-upper.jpg

1997 Cobra

My love for the SN95 started when I was 16, when my brother bought his black 1995 Cobra. By the time I was 18 I had purchased my own and first Mustang, my yellow 1994 GT. The car was quite a learning process for me, teaching me to have patience if I wanted to own a performance vehicle. When I was 19, my boyfriend, Jake, had started his own business working on Mustangs.

I remember one of his first customers - Larry. I remember seeing the car for the first time, mainly because Jake was so excited to be working on a black 97 Cobra (since he owned a green 97). It had a 2000 carbon fiber Cobra R hood with 94-98 GT slots (don?t ask!! Lol), a 2000 Cobra R front bumper, 3.73 gears, UPR high flow catted x-pipe, SLP Loudmouth CatBack, larger fuel feed and return with a 255 in line and 255 in tank pump with an in line filter 38lb injectors, and a Novi2000.

I remember going to the shop and ranting about how poorly the paint was cared for, and how I would clean the car every other day if it were mine (I?ve always had a thing for black vehicles lol). Well about 6 months later, Larry had called Jake and told him he decided to sell the Cobra. First thing that popped into Jakes mind was me! He called me that day, told me it was for sale. I said, awesome. He said I should buy it, then I proceeded to inform him that I was broke! He was so desperate for me to have the car, he offered to buy it for me. So we went and bought the car, but obviously I didn?t even drive it until a stock hood and front bumper, and quieter exhaust was installed.  We then sold the old exhaust, front bumper and hood, the blower, and my GT in order for me to pay him back.

Ever since then, the car has been a major work in progress. From motor repairs, to body work, I have been non stop with it. The most current project with the car is a turbo. I currently have the front tubular k-member installed, the intercooler, and some other necessities in order for the turbo to work. The Cobra has become my daily driver, so while my boyfriend and I are building the turbo kit in the car, we constantly have to remove everything at the end of the day and return the car back to driving standards in order for me to drive it home. The projected completion date for the turbo is end of February to beginning of March, and as always, the forum will be kept updated.

MOD LIST

Suspension :
UPR Tubular K-Member
UPR Tubular A-Arms
UPR Coil over Sleeves
Ground Pounder 12-200 Coil Over Springs
KYB Sport Shocks and Struts
UPR Double Adjustable Upper Control Arms with Hyme Joints
UPR Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms with Hyme Joints

Performance :
PBH Cold Air Intake
Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe
Magnaflow Catback
Ford Racing 3.55 Gears
UPR Blue Thunder Short Throw Shifter
UPR Battery Relocation Kit
Canton Thermostat Housing
Greddy Knock-off 31?x12?x3? Intercooler
*Master Power/Garrett 70mm Turbo (waiting patiently)*
*PBH Custom Turbo Kit (in the makes!)*

Fuel System :
Walbro 255 In Tank Pump
UPR In Line Fuel Filter
UPR Fuel Rails
Mallory Fuel Pressure Regulator
*Walbro 255 In Line Pump (not installed -- waiting for the turbo)*
*Siemen 60lb Injectors (also waiting for the turbo)*

Exterior :
Custom Powder Coated Intake, Timing Cover and Valve Covers
UPR Polished Radiator Cover
UPR Polished Spark Plug Covers
UPR Satin Cobra-Engraved Intake Emblem
UPR Satin Window Switch Kit

Interior :
Autometer Phantom Mechanical 0-35psi Boost Gauge
Autometer Phantom Electronic 0-100psi Fuel Pressure Gauge
Speed-of-Sound Gauge Pillar
UPR Satin Shifter Bezel
UPR Satin E-Brake Handle
UPR Composite Shift Knob

How I got it:
DSCI0026-1.jpg

DSCI0023.jpg

engine.jpg

Minor Changes Through The Years :
11.jpg

10.jpg

cleanengine.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

11130804.jpg

10140814.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Congrads Daniel, nice work on the car - you rock!

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Congrats, and beautiful car. Me likey!!!! Black with chrome is always good.!!

Code3_GT

Reaction score
Congrats Danielle! The thing that most impresses me of your whole story is that you know what you are talking about. My wife isn't interested in my 'stang in the least (she thinks it's too noisy). However, it's nice to see women out there that take great care of their rides. Sounds like you and Jake are a great team and I wish you both the BEST of luck as you turn a great car into an incredible car!

-Lance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213