JB's 98 Coupe Build Thread **Motor Plans 8-21-12**

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Gorgeous car man! Ours are so similar.. I'm in the process of putting my Sparcos and Double Din in mine, while the T56 is being built out in Tx.. I think you have the same headunit that I bought, the AVH P4400BH? I'm going to send you a PM about mounting it..
Haha yea man! Crazy

schwing.

Does the list ever end?
Neva! I'm drooling over shaved/wire tucked engine bays right now..........never seen anyone do a great job on a 4.6...looks like I'll need to change that.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Go 4v. That way you can do some awesome COP white gloss valve covers and a slicked out B intake.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Go 4v. That way you can do some awesome COP white gloss valve covers and a slicked out B intake.
I'm thinking COP conversion on my 2V, some nice cams, patriot heads, machined finish trick flow valve covers, and a trick flow intake...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about doing that. kind wish I would have body worked my bay while the engine was out.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
If I go cams...there will be as much lope as possible...

However...I need to make some major decisions. If I go with the trick flow setup and cams, I'll probably stay n/a...unless I get blower cams for down the road.

I don't know...I change my mind every 5 minutes.

CrystalWhite97

Reaction score
Haha yup I was the same way. I honestly called a company to finally bite the bullet on a v3 si trim. They didn't answer and I saw a tork tech kit and bought it... Before that I was debating Na or a v3 for years. The problem is the bottom end debacle. Reason why I went with boost is because trick flow heads cams and a intake is almost as much as a blower... But no where near the power.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FYI Jon, the powerheads stage 2 cam i have is good for NA, and forced induction, and has a great lope.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
FYI Jon, the powerheads stage 2 cam i have is good for NA, and forced induction, and has a great lope.
Yea? Oooo...I like the sound of that...can I get some more details on the exact specs? I would love to have cams that I can use now...have some fun with them, and still use when I get some boost!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Car looks great man. I have to say i thought it was a little humorous that both your cars broke down but I'm sure it sucked at the time.

Did you post a how to for installing the double din? Always looking for different/better ways to do it without a dash swap.

Ron_B

Reaction score
Haha yea man! Crazy

Neva! I'm drooling over shaved/wire tucked engine bays right now..........never seen anyone do a great job on a 4.6...looks like I'll need to change that.

you should do this. its on the list for my 01 to be done as well!

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Car looks great man. I have to say i thought it was a little humorous that both your cars broke down but I'm sure it sucked at the time.

Did you post a how to for installing the double din? Always looking for different/better ways to do it without a dash swap.
Haha it was funny/sucked big time at the same time...I was literally laughing on the side of the highway

No I didn't...I just followed some how-to's online. There really aren't a lot of good options for getting it to mount in there...I ended up doing something similar to the ghetto 2x4 option, however it works perfectly.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Motor plans:

MMR 750SE 4.75 Stroker Forged Short Block
4V Heads
Possibly Cams
Kenne Bell or Whipple
Fully shaved/wire tucked bay

500+ Hp Goal

Project begins in October.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

clark98gt

Reaction score
Oh no 4v! I was really hoping you were going to stay 2v so I can steal your ideas on how to do a nice wire tuck.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Oh no 4v! I was really hoping you were going to stay 2v so I can steal your ideas on how to do a nice wire tuck.
Haha...I'm not 100% decided yet, but I'm definitely leaning 4V. Either way...I'll be tucking a lot of the same things in the bay...finished product will just be different.

B heads or C? Read up in SVTP on kenne bell on B heads. You'd be better off with a centri or turbo
I'm not sure which heads I will go with...I need to do some more research, can you run a Whipple on B or C heads?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Haha...I'm not 100% decided yet, but I'm definitely leaning 4V. Either way...I'll be tucking a lot of the same things in the bay...finished product will just be different.

I'm not sure which heads I will go with...I need to do some more research, can you run a Whipple on B or C heads?

Its your creation, go 4v if you can! 4v's love the positive displacement blowers anyways lol. And I think your hood has the rise for it. If I remember correctly, C heads are on terminator cars, and B heads are on 96-98 Cobra cars.

the.greg

Reaction score

Definitely go C heads! You can get a kenne bell on B heads, but it will be non-intercooled because the valley between the B heads isn't big enough for a cooler. Seriously with the forged and stroker setup and a kb/whipple on C heads you can easily exceed your goal of 500hp. C heads are stock on termis(03-04 cobras) and you can get the same power from both kbs and whipples, but the kb has its distinct whine. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/844333-twin-screw-war-kb-vs-whipple.html
heres just one thread of many debating the kb vs whipple debate, you can't go wrong with either one!

the.greg

Reaction score
You are basically wanting to do a termi C head swap, but instead of running the stock eaton, you want a kenne bell/whipple whatever you decide. Also one other option you might look into is doing a killer chiller setup, which uses your a/c to help the intercooler keep iats at ambient temp so you never get heatsoaked basically. http://www.killerchiller.com/system_2_page.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online