JB's 98 Coupe Build Thread **Motor Plans 8-21-12**

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Im with Musturd. Heard more negative things about the aluminator..... everything from bad threads coming out (tranny mounts, timing cover mounts) to early failure.. .. ..

Teksid or Termi.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting info about the Aluminator, never heard the bad about them but I have a Teksid so not really researching them either.

Honestly if you only want 550 rwhp you can do that with a 2V and 2.6 KB. I'm thinking of getting the 2.8 Mammoth kit so I can have the fastest car leaving the Daycare.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
After reading in detail on the 4V swap...I may be leaning back to staying 2V and a KB...but still staying with the MMR short block.

I change my mind every day...so we'll see what ends up happening :)

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
After reading in detail on the 4V swap...I may be leaning back to staying 2V and a KB...but still staying with the MMR short block.

are you still planning on doing a wire tuck?

Whistler98

Reaction score

I'm in the same boat with changing my mind. I have been leaning towards just getting a long block from mmr. Not sure about their heads and how good they are? I might just have them put the trickflows on it. I have started a side fund and I guess it will depend on how much money is in there when the motor goes or if it stays together I guess next year sometime.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
No reason to go 4v really unless you want 1000 hp
I'll be happy with 500+ for sure...I think with the MMR 4.75, some nice heads (Patriot, Fox Lake, p/p PI, etc), blower cams, and a kenne bell pushing decent PSI...I should be able to hit the numbers that I want.

I'm not a "racer" kinda guy...don't really care about 1/4 mile times, or if I have "the fastest car on the streets"...I just want some nice bark, something fun, and something to be proud of when I pop the hood.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ya man. With a setup like that you should have no problem making 500-550hp depending on how wild you get with boost

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Ya man. With a setup like that you should have no problem making 500-550hp depending on how wild you get with boost
Yea...the short block I'm getting is good for 750hp...so I'll be able to throw a lot of boost at it. Just gotta make sure I beef up my fuel/spark.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
You should do a low compression piston when you do the shortblock.

You can only run so much boost on pump gas before running into problems with detonation

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
You should do a low compression piston when you do the shortblock.

You can only run so much boost on pump gas before running into problems with detonation
Yea you can order the block with stock, high, or low compression forged manley pistons...definitely going low compression.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
If I ever go to the track ill probably throw some race gas in mine and crank up the boost a little bit just for the hell of it. :)

That is one awesome thing about being turbo. I can turn the boost up with a twist of a knob.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.