Joshuaw3's 96 gt build

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
why not just use a different fitting? They are easy enough to swap out, assuming you have the tools for it.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
why not just use a different fitting? They are easy enough to swap out, assuming you have the tools for it.

Yeah I’m mainly just trying to get it stop leaking oil long enough for me to get it tuned. Then I have more time to fine tune everything.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
82532B07-9465-44EE-A7B7-394C76734737.jpeg DED3487B-378E-4CC2-ACF0-1F2C0E5F5257.jpeg 2EE6C207-D1C0-4BCF-B256-F3BB3AA1F260.jpeg 82532B07-9465-44EE-A7B7-394C76734737.jpeg DED3487B-378E-4CC2-ACF0-1F2C0E5F5257.jpeg
I had a thought. They must make a small AN fitting extension for something just like this. A quick search led me to this.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Vibrant+Perf...VkrbACh0ewgzFEAQYASABEgLfjPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Would that buy ya enough space?

Well a quick update. I’ve learned a lot since I started this build on the car esp with the turbo kit. One I’ve done all of the stuff for the first time so I’ve learned what to do what to look for etc. 2nd I’m never buying important components used ever again. 3. Id keep parts I took off long enough to know if I may want to use them or not.
I found out when I took the lines off tonight that they are regular an fittings with no o rings. I also found that the line giving me trouble has some issues with the mating services. I relocated the filter location to put less stress on the lines and just have a cleaner install. I got the leak down to a seep instead of a steady drip. So I feel comfortable enough to go to the tuner and drive the car a little until I get new fittings.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I see what your talking about now with the an fittings. AN fittings when tightened up to another AN fitting there is no o-ring. But now on that filter relocation kit those two fittings that stick out from it probably do have o-rings on the back to get a seal against the plate.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
I see what your talking about now with the an fittings. AN fittings when tightened up to another AN fitting there is no o-ring. But now on that filter relocation kit those two fittings that stick out from it probably do have o-rings on the back to get a seal against the plate.

I either a tightened them too much and smashed the connection some or b they were already damaged when I got them.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I have the mmr relocation kit too but doesn't look like the one you have. I do know that on my oil filter plate where it goes from pipe thread to the AN fitting there was no o-rings. For the pipe thread portion I just used some Teflon tape to assure no leaks and so far everything has been dry as a bone.

Also on the AN fittings I like to apply a light coat of oil on both the male and female end threads to help when tightening and to fully seal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
The smoke cleared up. It was from how fouled out my plugs got just from moving it around my works parking lot.

It made on 8psi
383hp 454tq stock npi 2v engine if I add another psi I’ll be over 400

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds good. Looks awesome!!!

Now is when you decide how quickly you could afford a built bottom end. If you could afford a built bottom end at anytime and this isn’t your dd then turn it up a bit and have even more fun.

But honestly at this point it’s best to just drive it how it is. Let this new power help you find the weak points in your car and work on those. Then also be saving to build a solid bottom and when the time is right boost this block till it can’t handle it and be ready to drop in the good block.

Just my $.02 buddy. Regardless though, that’s gonna be fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds good. Looks awesome!!!

Now is when you decide how quickly you could afford a built bottom end. If you could afford a built bottom end at anytime and this isn’t your dd then turn it up a bit and have even more fun.

But honestly at this point it’s best to just drive it how it is. Let this new power help you find the weak points in your car and work on those. Then also be saving to build a solid bottom and when the time is right boost this block till it can’t handle it and be ready to drop in the good block.

Just my $.02 buddy. Regardless though, that’s gonna be fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't listen to him he knows not what he talks about.

If 1 psi is good, 2 psi 2 x gooder. I mean you can't really argue with logic like that, unless you have a uterus and then well...

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Haha it isn’t my daily but I do want to enjoy it. I’m going to save up for a lot of other mods including a built motor. I do want to enjoy it this year though. So I’ll be careful

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online