Joshuaw3's 96 gt build

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Well come on already. We need Smokey burn out vid’s!!!!!!! It’s part of the requirement for being part of our happy family!!!!! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha well once I get it to start I can check and make sure there aren’t any other problems and then schedule a tune before I do any Smokey burn out vids lol

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Trying to cover all my bases here. I deleted the egr since the turbo headers don’t have a port for it and I don’t need it here in Ohio. What all should be removed? I know the egr and the tube but what else is part of the system and can be removed. Is there anything that shouldn’t be removed that involves the egr, anything that needs plugged other than the throttle body?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m no help on this part for a mod car. White95, lwarrior, blak, or any of the other mod guys would know.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
97stanger and nick......can’t remember full name. They both have 2v turbo builds that are up and running. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to chime in and help out. They’ve got pretty badass builds.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
D23305FB-3222-4F61-9FBB-DCD48A667DD2.jpeg
Awesome thanks
Do you happen to know what this sensor is for on the oil filter relocation kit. It’s on the part that replaces the oil filter housing

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Trying to cover all my bases here. I deleted the egr since the turbo headers don’t have a port for it and I don’t need it here in Ohio. What all should be removed? I know the egr and the tube but what else is part of the system and can be removed. Is there anything that shouldn’t be removed that involves the egr, anything that needs plugged other than the throttle body?

Make sure to cap the vacuum line that ran to the egr solenoid. Otherwise sounds like you pretty much got it

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
That’s awesome!!!

I’m looking at getting a oil pressure gauge and coolant temperature gauge are there any that are electrical that can just reuse the factory sensor locations?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking at getting a oil pressure gauge and coolant temperature gauge are there any that are electrical that can just reuse the factory sensor locations?

You’d be best off to run a new sensing unit and fresh line for each but it’s all personal preference

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
An electronic auto meter oil pressure gauge will come with a sender that will screw in to the stock pressure sensor location but it will take place of the stock switch so your light will be on the dash.

Coolant temp is a little different, you need both sensors on the car so you have to find another spot for that sensor. Some blocks have a 3/8 threaded plug in the side of the block, I think driver side.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
My main reason for doing these gauges is because my oil pressure isn’t reading on the gauge in the car I know I have oil pressure but I want the gauge to work. So I figured I’d get a better aftermarket one that will actually tell me the pressure. Getting an x4 would make sense though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
at the point that the oil pressure gauge is already dead then just pull the stock sender out and put in your aftermarket. As they said the gauge in the dash will remain dead but you will have real time data which is much better

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Our factory gauges suck arse. Coolant sensors are the only ones that the ecm really needs. Replace anything else with real gauges and the sending units that they come with.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
An aftermarket oil pressure gauge isnt a bad idea at all but I warn you.... its all you will stare at from now on lol.... I know I do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online