Just checked my MPG :D

Goldmember

Reaction score
idk unless you're doing top speed runs every time you're out that MPG seems a bit low. My GT (PI intake, full exhaust, 3.27's, fresh tune up) gets ~16 around town but that's a 10 mile round-trip to and from work. On the highway going to school and back (~75 miles round trip) I prolly see ~17-18 but this is sustained 75-80 MPH cruising.

Some have suggested that you should get a tune after the PI intake swap, I don't know if it's true- I didn't- but it is a possibility

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Not this time. I've been shifting at 2k to see if it makes a difference.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
I got 13mpg when I had 2.73's. Now since I installed my 3.73's I've seen anywhere from 13.4mpg up to 15.6mpg with mostly highway or at least half.

That's like wiping before you poop....just doesn't make sense.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Mike. said:
atrainsgt said:
I got 13mpg when I had 2.73's. Now since I installed my 3.73's I've seen anywhere from 13.4mpg up to 15.6mpg with mostly highway or at least half.

That's like wiping before you poop....just doesn't make sense.

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: You said "poop"

I've got 2.73's and see about 25-30 on average..

chris98gt

Reaction score
Im getting 19.23mpg with about 2 and a half hours of highway and the rest around town, and I did play alil :)

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
It really depends on how mechanically sound your car is. Everyone stated what could be the problem, but you only know what is stopping your car from getting good mileage.

Heavy weight oil, Carbon build up, clogged fuel injectors, Rear end need servicing, Under inflated tires, MAF sensor, Spark plugs carboned up...etc

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Who knows what it is. Everything besides the engine itself has been replaced or rebuilt recently. With 160,000 miles its probably just the engine not putting out what it should.

SN952NV

Reaction score
there is no way im sorry.. these guys getting 20 mpg and up.. no way .. yall have to be being modest when yall are doing the math.. from a full tank to a completley empty tank theres no way any of our cars are makein 23 and so on.. completly full to completley empty.. 16 to 18 max!

voidfinger

Reaction score
I'll put my car on it that i'm making 21-23 on a fill up... G. of gas divided by the milage... usually i get 330 to a tank.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
SN952NV said:
there is no way im sorry.. these guys getting 20 mpg and up.. no way .. yall have to be being modest when yall are doing the math.. from a full tank to a completley empty tank theres no way any of our cars are makein 23 and so on.. completly full to completley empty.. 16 to 18 max!

Thats what I thought. I'm lucky to get anything over 200miles a tank thats with about half of that on the highway. Does seem really strange you guys getting the gas mileage out of v8's that allot of people are getting with 4 bangers. To put this in perspective look at what a 1998 Honda accord 4cyl 2.3L was suppose to get http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorCompareSideBySide.jsp?column=1&id=14313

19 city 27 hwy?? Hard to believe you all are getting better than that out of a heavy v8, not calling BS on you guys its just hard to believe.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
SN952NV said:

I guarantee that I am averaging about 25mpg (city/highway). Mildly modded PI motor with 2.73's, full tune up, good tires.

Goldmember

Reaction score
IDK man that's still weird... I started tracking my mileage after this thread and on the last two tanks I've been 19.5 mpg on average with a blend of low-speed cruising and highway running. Crappy NY winter gas has something to do with it and my car is properly tuned-up otherwise (except needing new coil packs).

FWIW I saw 25-27 from my old '95 Grand MArquis with 4.6 and 2.73 open rear on longer runs, 18-20 around town. The 4.6 is pretty easy on gas as V8's go, hell even my Mark VIII averaged 18-20 MPG... saw 29 once on a long highway run.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
15.83MPG this week, about half of it on the highway.

NERD

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
sxynerd said:
Also, I should mention, I don't have a can'd tune. My tuner uses SCT software and used a Dynojet with wide band and "sniffers" to dial it in. I have a flip tune for economy and premium. Leaner is meaner, plain and simple thats how I get 261rwhp with almost no mods.

Leaner is meaner lol, but its also harsh on the motor and easier to detonate and cause problems. Like when your o2's start to go... watch out dude

I'm at 11.5 - 12 for my Air/fuel. It's perfectly fine, and I'm alright with that. Who detonates? lol Not me!

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
I am so jelous :crying: with the 4:10s and the charger i get usally 8-10 mpg highway or city it does not help that i need the premium wow i spend so much on gas :wall: i say we nuke their a$$ and take their gas

voidfinger

Reaction score
sxynerd said:
voidfinger said:
sxynerd said:
Also, I should mention, I don't have a can'd tune. My tuner uses SCT software and used a Dynojet with wide band and "sniffers" to dial it in. I have a flip tune for economy and premium. Leaner is meaner, plain and simple thats how I get 261rwhp with almost no mods.

Leaner is meaner lol, but its also harsh on the motor and easier to detonate and cause problems. Like when your o2's start to go... watch out dude

I'm at 11.5 - 12 for my Air/fuel. It's perfectly fine, and I'm alright with that. Who detonates? lol Not me!

Thats because that is rich as hell... lean is around 13.8-14

voidfinger

Reaction score
wow something is wrong with either yall's cars or yall's driving...

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i can get 27 mpg when i go to school at 80 mph. done it prolly 30 times. in town i get no less than 21 mph, thats with absolutely hammering on it maybe 1 out of every 10 times i drive it. 3.27s here but can still get a third gear scratch :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online