Kenne Bell made 12psi with a 9psi pulley Last Night.....

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
Hey bro

I really could care less about how the forum views me. I got a badass kenne bell so everything else doesnt really matter. If you wanna come in my threads and read my stuff, then get used to the way I respond to posts. If you dont like what i say, dont read the thread. If you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I am torretto of the forum bro, I am god here. Get used to it.
You know KB are dyno queens right? What does your car run in the 1/4?

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love the sound from the KB and their pullies but a KB is not god! Everyone is here because they love mustangs, and we all want power out of them. No reason to go and brag about how KB is god, which it isnt! Its a Dyno Queen!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Handz= dyno queen!!!! wooot wooot wooot

Just curious, why are you saying the KB is a dyno queen? lol

I would think that KB is actually the exact opposite of a dyno queen with its instant boost/ torque/ power on tap vs say a high RPM big single turbo car ( supra anyone?)

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
Handz= dyno queen!!!! wooot wooot wooot

Just curious, why are you saying the KB is a dyno queen? lol

I would think that KB is actually the exact opposite of a dyno queen with its instant boost/ torque/ power on tap vs say a high RPM big single turbo car ( supra anyone?)

Why do I say a KB is a dyno queen?.. Let's see a dyno sheet.. They usually have a peak HP that is spiked, with a signiicantly less TQ, that's also peaked.. opposed to a relatively flat and long tq curse.. They make greaet peak HP numbers over other blowers but don't preform well at the track, as the dynos says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z99ATnN_q5E

Bye Bye KB! (Yeah, its from a roll)

the.greg

Reaction score
I'm not arguing but greg, what does ur car run in the 1/4? .
Sadly I havent been yet. Only had the car about 6 months, and I don't live near a track nor do I particularly care for it. I just have a fun street car, I don't consider it fast really. Most guys with my setup and similar numbers do hit about 12.8 at 110-112ish on street tires closer to 12.5 with radials. I know I top out 4th at right about 110ish, and I've taken out some M series cars on the street, but no 1/4 timeslips.

And your youtube vid is cool. It pretty much emphasizes how kb make power lower in the revs and a big turbo will make it up top more, either way I bet that turbo makes better peak hp than the kb the way he walked past. Turbos are just far more efficient than a belt driven s/c. But I still don't think kbs are dyno queens.

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
Sadly I havent been yet. Only had the car about 6 months, and I don't live near a track nor do I particularly care for it. I just have a fun street car, I don't consider it fast really. Most guys with my setup and similar numbers do hit about 12.8 at 110-112ish on street tires closer to 12.5 with radials. I know I top out 4th at right about 110ish, and I've taken out some M series cars on the street, but no 1/4 timeslips.

Sounds fun! I'm just aiming this towards Handz because of the way he acts. We are all here because we love mustangs. My first power adder I wanted was a KB, I love the way they sound!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why do I say a KB is a dyno queen?.. Let's see a dyno sheet.. They usually have a peak HP that is spiked, with a signiicantly less TQ, that's also peaked.. opposed to a relatively flat and long tq curse.. They make greaet peak HP numbers over other blowers but don't preform well at the track, as the dynos says.

lol, idk man, I think KB cars usually have long and flat tq and power....

Centri cars usually make high peak numbers? lol

the.greg

Reaction score

Mine is a pretty sad example of a kb, when you compare to a kb termi like in your vid, but regardless, flat torque and no peak hp at all. 9psi, non-intercoole, meth injected.
dyno001.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What pulley are you running ? The handz has 400rwhp. Justins 2v made I think 440rwhp. How conservative is your tune?did you do a compression and leak down test ?

the.greg

Reaction score
What pulley are you running ? The handz has 400rwhp. Justins 2v made I think 440rwhp. How conservative is your tune?did you do a compression and leak down test ?

Handz has a kb intercooled 2v pi engine. Justins is a intercooled 2v vortech not a kb. Mine is stock 4v, non intercooled kb thus is very timing limited due to heat soak. This dyno is the 3rd run of the day(78degrees that day, 22% humidity) so there wasn't much timing at all in this pull. If it had had time for cool down it would have been closer to 400, which is what the dyno tuner told me to expect. I told him up front I don't care what number it puts down, I just need it to be a safe tune, as a result its very conservative. Its my daily driver and I can't afford to replace it if something goes bad. I am thinking about going back with my 11psi pulley with more cool down time and see if I can get 420ish, but I really don't care, its just a fun daily driven street car.

Like I said my kb setup isn't ideal, but it still shows how kb has no peak numbers and are not dyno queens.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
His numbers look fine for 9 psi and a non inter cooled kb.

Coming from a Vortech guy I would say Centri blowers are peaky but generally perform better at the strip because of that.

It didn't matter to me because I'm auto with a huge stall.

the.greg

Reaction score
^Yeah, I think centris are easier to launch than twin screws, but I've never driven a centri so what do I know.

Also people like to say how good kbs are because of the low rev power, but honestly at the 1/4 you pretty much stay at the upper rpms anyway, so I don't think its as much of an advantage as people like to think it is.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
^Yeah, I think centris are easier to launch than twin screws, but I've never driven a centri so what do I know.

Also people like to say how good kbs are because of the low rev power, but honestly at the 1/4 you pretty much stay at the upper rpms anyway, so I don't think its as much of an advantage as people like to think it is.

That's exactly why Centri cars are faster. They make higher boost and power with rpm so at the track where most of the run is above 4500 rpms they are faster. Kb is awesome on the street though but they seem to flatline up top where a Centri car keeps going. I would say a Turbo is the best option overall though.

the.greg

Reaction score
That's exactly why Centri cars are faster. They make higher boost and power with rpm so at the track where most of the run is above 4500 rpms they are faster. Kb is awesome on the street though but they seem to flatline up top where a Centri car keeps going. I would say a Turbo is the best option overall though.

Completely agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online