Lets Talk XXR Wheels

MadStang

Reaction score
What's on MadStang car those are badass

XXR 531's. XXR's and Varrstoen (basically the same as XXR) are very good wheels, they've come a long way in quality and are better in some aspects than a lot of the mustang replicas that are available now.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
​Does anyone know what iso 9002 and qs9000 is?

"In our production, quality is the main objective. For quality assurance, all our wheels are certified by the international standard on accreditation of ISO 9002 and QS 9000. The factory also obtained the qualification of Japanese VIA Standard on quality testing which guarantees that every wheel meets their vigorous testing standards. When you purchase our wheels, rest assured that you will be getting one of the best on the market." -xxr website

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
found this on a forum, seems like concrete info. I'll be doing some more research on the testing xxr wheels go through though.

"I think XXR is kind of getting a bad rap here. We have sold them since they where Essenza wheel back 13 + years ago we have sold thousands.They are made by Primax wheel co and make 2.4 million wheels per year and have been in buisness since 1976.Guys they are not some fly by night junk wheel! They are also Tested to the Japanese VIA standard
Here is a brief outline of testing to JWL spec:

Cornering Fatigue Test (Drum Endurance Test)
The purpose of this test is for checking wheel rim strength and durability. Place a wheel assembly with tire on test equipment. Radial stress is then added to simulate vehicle weight.

Test run 500,000 cycles
After 500,000 cycles inspect for cracks, deformation and any nut loosening.

Radial Load Fatigue Test (Rotary Bending Test)
JWL pass criteria: 100,000 cycles
The purpose of this test is for checking durability of the wheel disc. The spokes and the hub are the first point of weight distribution from the vehicle and spoke strength is gauged by this test.

Place a wheel on testing equipment and by adding bending stress to center of disc –

Test run 100,000 cycles
After 100,000 cycles, inspect for cracks, deformation and any nut loosening.

13 Degree Impact Test
JWL pass criteria: 594 kg

The main purpose of test is for checking strength between rim and disc cross section. The “joint” or the area where the spoke and the rim meet is an important structural area that is subject to great stress. The horizontal weight of the rim and the vertical stress of the spokes meet at this joint and proper structural stability is crucial for a proper wheel.

The wheel assembly is placed with tire tilted 13 degrees from horizontal plane on testing equipment.

A preset weight is dropped on the outer sidewall of tire, thus giving impact to the wheel/tire. Then inspect for cracks, deformation and air leak.

This test is very important for the recent trend of a larger/wider wheel with lower profile tire combination, because there is less air volume than OE wheel/tire and more stress to inner rim section. This test simulates actual usage condition such as hitting corner curb or objects from side.

In Chicagoland we have the nations worst potholes and these have held up as good as any and better then alot of light weight high dollar stuff.Are they top of the line/? no, but they are much better quality then some of you seem to think..."

-http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33464903

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
​Does anyone know what iso 9002 and qs9000 is?

"In our production, quality is the main objective. For quality assurance, all our wheels are certified by the international standard on accreditation of ISO 9002 and QS 9000. The factory also obtained the qualification of Japanese VIA Standard on quality testing which guarantees that every wheel meets their vigorous testing standards. When you purchase our wheels, rest assured that you will be getting one of the best on the market." -xxr website

In short there are internationally accepted business practices for manufacturing, medical drugs, devices etc etc. these standards exist because each country is different and establishing a baseline allows you to comprehend beyond your own laws and borders.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In short there are internationally accepted business practices for manufacturing, medical drugs, devices etc etc. these standards exist because each country is different and establishing a baseline allows you to comprehend beyond your own laws and borders.

I figured something along those lines. Just wondering if anyone knew what those specific codes meant before I start researching them.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The more and more I look into these wheels the better it seems?
The majority of the haters have no real evidence and just compare them to a bad set of rotas (which btw rotas have a pretty good reputation and are used on 1000s of racecars today).

Still want to look into xxr's testing and see if it holds water.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
XXRs?

Do they look good? Yes.
Are they cheap? Yes.
Are they reliable? Probably.
Will you be laughed and and ridiculed for having a gay ass rep? You bet.

I would never run such a cheap knock off brand like XXR. I can't justify buying a wheel worth $800 for $150.
If you can't afford nice rims, don't pretend to by getting reps.

And last but not least, about half of their wheel lineup is a copy of a high end wheel. Way to steal another companies idea :deeplist:

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dont you have replica cobras........

I could careless if a car has wheels that have a stamp that say they payed $4000 for rims. If it looks good, it looks good. I dont care about the value of things.

As for stealing their design, yes and no. They are different and xxr doesnt pretend and try to sell them as the real deal. Are they very similar? yes.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
XXRs?

Do they look good? Yes.
Are they cheap? Yes.

I would never run such a cheap knock off brand like XXR. I can't justify buying a wheel worth $800 for $150.

And last but not least, about half of their wheel lineup is a copy of a high end wheel. Way to steal another companies idea :deeplist:

I could careless if a car has wheels that have a stamp that say they payed $4000 for rims. If it looks good, it looks good. I dont care about the value of things.

As for stealing their design, yes and no. They are different and xxr doesnt pretend and try to sell them as the real deal. Are they very similar? yes.
Isnt that what UPR does for every single one of their products?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I don't see the point in paying out the ass for the 'real deal' when you can pay a minimal amount for something that looks just as good, and is still reliable. Unless you're fully restoring an original Saleen car, why should you pay for real saleens, when the repops look identical until you take the wheel off and see theres no saleen stamp.

As long as you don't claim to have the real ones who gives a rats ass. Not me.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And I have no problem with upr. I believe my k member is upr. Do people look at my car in disgust soley on it having a upr k member? I don't think so.

In the aftermarket world, the best product for the best price is the name of the game.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
XXRs?

Do they look good? Yes.
Are they cheap? Yes.

And I have no problem with upr. I believe my k member is upr. Do people look at my car in disgust soley on it having a upr k member? I don't think so.

In the aftermarket world, the best product for the best price is the name of the game.
Kind of the point I was making as well. Not concerned with who makes what, I want quality and best bang for my buck.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

OEM Cobra wheels are not $4000. My reps are not cheap copies of an awesome out of this world wheel.

If you don't care about that then by all means get them. That's just the reason I don't like them. I personally think having a fake replica of a high end wheel makes your car look worse. Sure it may look good, but in the end you cheated on your rims.
[/QUOTE]

Ok maybe stealing was a harsh word. But they are definitely making cheap ass reps from high end wheels. Lame.

XXR 526 → Work Meister M1R
XXR 531 → CCW classics
XXR 521 → BBS LM

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OEM Cobra wheels are not $4000.
I don't believe I said cobras were. Just wondering why you look down on reps, yet I believe you are using reps.

I'd love the real deal as much as everyone else. I'm not paying the penny to get them though at this point. I'd rather put the 3000 I save into a coyote swap than have the real deal. Just my opinion and my money as it is your opinion and your money :)

Enough of this, im looking for actual experience and info on xxr's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas