Lets Talk XXR Wheels

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just can't take any car seriously if they're pretending to have a badass $4000 wheel setup when they're actually sporting some cheap rep you would find on ebay.
Real wheels > Fake wheels.

And yes I have reps. But would I ever get replicas to show off how "cool" my car is? No.

I don't believe I said cobras were. Just wondering why you look down on reps, yet I believe you are using reps.

Then you didn't read my first post well enough.

XXR's are reps of high end wheels which is why I don't like them. Are OEM cobras high end? No. So who cares if someone makes reps.

And here's some XXR tech:

ac1.jpg

PS gotta sleep now.
Tootles.

(and these are all my opinion. who cares what I think anyway, it's not my car :dontknow:. do what makes you happy)

Carnage281

Reaction score
I've fallen in love with these STR 520's.
STR5202.jpg

I can't wait to get these powder coated gloss black and put them on my car. Only problem is they don't come in 10.5 inches, but I can live with that.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm don't want reps to show off being cool. I want them purely to try something different and turn heads because of the overall look. Im not buying reps because I want them to look like works wheels or whatever they're replicating, doesn't matter to me.

Yes I've seen all those pictures of the broken xxr. None of them really had an solid information behind them. Who knows how they were driven. The first pick of the evo said they blew up randomly, but who knows of the person hit a pothole really hard a few weeks before?

MadStang

Reaction score
who cares if they're a rep of an expensive wheel. they're cheap and they look good and I've never seen one fail due to manufacturing issues. The failures usually occurred due to stress on the wheel (pothole, curb, etc.).

I run em because I love the look but no way in hell was I going to fork over that much money on wheels that are just going to be abused at the track.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Those wheels probably only exploded due to a heavy collision with a huge pot hole or curb. Something normal driving wouldn't encounter..

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

slow90coupe

Reaction score
The butthurt in here escalated quickly..

i think think i'll buy some XXR's for my car and switch between my real wheels and fake wheels just to piss people off :D

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Came back to see some discussion, don't have time to read 5 pages of bullshit... I'm out...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Just gonna leave my .02 here.. I think XXR's would look sick on your car OJ, and they look sick on pretty much any mustang I've seen them on.. Your in college, I'm in college, which means for the most part money isn't coming off a tree for us, correct me if I'm wrong.. I personally would never spend over 1500 on both wheels and tires because thats insane, especially on a mustang. It looks amazing don't get me wrong but I just can't justify it. If you got the money and thats your gig, more power to you. I would love a set of XXR's in the future. 1. they look great 2. they're close to if not cheaper than the majority of the same damn replica wheels everyone has 3. its what you like.. Back on topic.. You don't like the 521s? I think of a set of those in black with the rivets would be ridiculous on yours!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^exaxtly.

If I had a pile of money Id be upgrading my dd.
I like the 521, not really a fan of rivets though. And no go on black. I have my mind set on hyper silver.

I'm really looking at the 526s. Thanks [MENTION=13575]9838stang[/MENTION] for those pictures! I've been looking so hard for a mustang that doesn't have black ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online