little too good to be true?

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
i forgot ebay existed since i got my car, so i started searching around on there for some deals. certainly seems like one anyways haha.
through mustang retailers such as american muscle, these pads and rotors would be around 500 bucks, but here they're 160?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-...iter_Display:3.8L&hash=item5ae652e696&vxp=mtr

take a look and tell me what ya think. seems to be a good seller, but it just seems like too good of a deal.

97FloridaGT

Reaction score
I'd give it a shot......can't go really wrong with that kind of feedback.

GT Rob

Reaction score
Yea they have a good write up go for it you could return it if you dont like them. Let us know if you do

det_riot

Reaction score
they're a sponsor on ls1tech. They aren't horrible for the price, obviously they aren't going to be competitive with brembo and hawk and such but the price, go for it.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
they're a sponsor on ls1tech. They aren't horrible for the price, obviously they aren't going to be competitive with brembo and hawk and such but the price, go for it.
i need new pads, but the rotors are just for looks more than anything to me. thanks for the response.

RichV

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

I know the bling factor is there, but these cheap ebay crap rotors will be warped before you know it. And who knows about the pads. Brakes being kind of important in panic stops and just stopping in general, I'd opt for something better.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

I know the bling factor is there, but these cheap ebay crap rotors will be warped before you know it. And who knows about the pads. Brakes being kind of important in panic stops and just stopping in general, I'd opt for something better.
i mean, if they're a sponser they can't be complete shit right?

anyone know anyone who's made a purchase from brake motive?

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I have similar ones on my Cobra for the last 20k miles. Very happy with them.

I have the drilled ONLY version though, not drilled and slotted like in your post.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Buy them. Ive got them on my car and i beat the hell out of, straight line and twisties. Have had them on it for a couple years. Still running and looking great. 0 warpage. It definitely improves stopping over stock gt brakes. On my cobra it was even a noticeable improvement.

Just because they are cheap doesnt mean they are bad. Go for it. It's not too good to be true.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Buy them. Ive got them on my car and i beat the hell out of, straight line and twisties. Have had them on it for a couple years. Still running and looking great. 0 warpage. It definitely improves stopping over stock gt brakes. On my cobra it was even a noticeable improvement.

Just because they are cheap doesnt mean they are bad. Go for it. It's not too good to be true.

Awesome thanks guys

tapatalkin'

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea grab em you'll be fine with them. It's not like ur doing a 120 mph like richv where braking can get pretty serious

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you get what you pay for. those rotors will crack, those pads with wear quickly and dust like ****ing hell.

I'd get them for a budget-friendly brake swap, but just keep it under 100 MPH, will ya?

joekd

Reaction score
I have learned to only trust known brake companies (not Ebay sellers) which is why I went with Powerslots on my Mustang

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.