little too good to be true?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i went cheepo on my rotors and they are doing fine (so far) (Rototech from Jegs, still more expensive for two rotors than that ENTIRE ebay kit. lol)

pads, i coughed up the dough and went with Hawk.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
most parts price is one of the more important #'s that I am looking at but for brakes it isn't the #1 driving indicator.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
you get what you pay for. those rotors will crack, those pads with wear quickly and dust like ****ing hell.

I'd get them for a budget-friendly brake swap, but just keep it under 100 MPH, will ya?

Ive only ever home that fast in my car once lol. Won't be a problem.

tapatalkin'

clark98gt

Reaction score
I have had this same kit on my car and my wifes for most of the summer with no issues. I don't daily drive my mustang but my wife's car is driven daily and they seem to work fine. No I will not say they out perform anything but I will say so far so good. Her Equinox was warping rotors frequently so I though I would try these rotors and they have lasted longer than stock ones.

framda

Reaction score
I got the same deal from an ebay seller in California, I can't remember the name. I have had them for almost a year with no problems. I basically needed something right away. I wanted a cheap alternative until I can upgrade to Cobra brakes.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
awesome! gonna get these after my exhaust and maybe wheels depending on how bad my brakes are squeeking.. lol

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
just updating this after i've had them for a while.

they're good replacements. i wouldn't trust them if i was using this as a track car, but they do what they're supposed to and they do it well.

recommended.

poisonbl

Reaction score
Actually had a set of rotors and pads from there sitting out of the way since before Christmas, just put them on the car this past weekend (finally getting rid of a warped rotor that'd been driving me up the wall but otherwise worked 'well enough')... and, while they're really not even broken in yet... they did take me from about 80 mph to 15-ish in the blink of an eye when a deer decided to leap across the median, break dance in my lane a little (with a rather sizable truck to my right), and then run back off the other way... they passed the 'oh $#!%' test with flying colors!

Just glad the deer didn't decide "I'm bigger, I'll win" when it saw my car and looked like it considered sprinting straight towards me...

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Actually had a set of rotors and pads from there sitting out of the way since before Christmas, just put them on the car this past weekend (finally getting rid of a warped rotor that'd been driving me up the wall but otherwise worked 'well enough')... and, while they're really not even broken in yet... they did take me from about 80 mph to 15-ish in the blink of an eye when a deer decided to leap across the median, break dance in my lane a little (with a rather sizable truck to my right), and then run back off the other way... they passed the 'oh $#!%' test with flying colors!

Just glad the deer didn't decide "I'm bigger, I'll win" when it saw my car and looked like it considered sprinting straight towards me...
yeah they're good for when you see a cop too lol

poisonbl

Reaction score
yeah they're good for when you see a cop too lol

The cop was just across the rise the deer did its little dance on the up-slope of... by the time I'd made it over the rise I was actually back to 80-ish, passing the truck, and making my way across in front of him (without him having to even consider letting off/tapping brakes/etc on account of me) to the exit coming up quick on the other side... cop didn't appear to even twitch, and I'm pretty sure I was making a bit of noise, too...

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I might try whenever my dimpled rotors are shot. Maybe i can pickup the products since the seller company is located in my city.

97tbird

Reaction score
I have Brakemotive drilled & slotted rotors on the front of my Mach... had em for about 2 months and I have no complaints. I got them in 2 days but thats because they are based in Chicago. I also know several people that have them and are very happy with them. I didn't read all the comments in this thread so if I missed something...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online