Liveable suspension?

cntchds

Reaction score
I am still on my stock everything, and I still scrape the front when going up an incline and can hear scraping when I go over good sized speed bumps. I want to get stiffer suspension all around and was thinking about:
Roush subframe connectors (I'm getting side exhaust)
Bullitt suspension package

In hope that it will stiffen up the suspension as well as let me keep a decent ground clearance. Sound alright to you guys or will this provide too much of a drop.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
H&R Race. One inch drop or so, great spring rate. Combine that with good shocks like Koni or Bilstein, and you're set.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Is that around the same price range? I want to keep it fairly cheap, but I don't want to be too skimpy and end up buying crappy suspension bits that I wouldn't be satisfied with.

Thanks for the quick response.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Bullitt suspension is usually about 500 dollars. The combo that I listed is about 300 dollars more, but you get so much more in performance, it's not even funny. Koni or Bilstein shock both have much better valving than the shock (Tokiko I think) that comes with Bullitt kit. Then you also get H&R springs, which by themselves, are just head and heals better in quality (they have not sagged on any car I've owned), and you get higher spring rate, and less drop, so you end up with better handling suspension, correct suspension geometry, and not a lot of drop, so you don't scrape anything either. Just remember this. You get what you pay for, and there is no such thing as cheap suspension that work.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Thanks ReplicaR.

Edit: Could I just buy the springs for now, and shocks later? Is there any reason to wait and buy it all together?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
If anything, I'd get shocks first and springs later. You can never suffer from too much valving, but extra spring rate that's now valved properly, will make the ride incredibly uncomfortable, if the drop or spring rate is massive.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I guess I will have something to work for this summer.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol...probably depends on your opinion of livable.

My car is slammed with sportlines, no isos, 18 inc wheels...the ride is rough but it doesnt really bother me....handles like its on rails!

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Well I'm a teenager, so livable to me would mean that I don't feel every single piece of gravel on the ground. As long as it's every couple that I feel then all is good. :hammer:

I would like to have just stiffer stuff all around. I'm pretty sure that my struts are on their way out, and I want to replace them with the little cash that I have. My buddy is about to upgrade the suspension on his Bullitt, and has offered me his stuff as soon as he does everything else for really cheap which is why I was going to go that route. I do want really good stuff down the road. Right now it feels like any upgrade is a necessity though.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Bullitt stuff is not bad, and if you're getting it at a substantial discount, you should be all over that. Springs are kinda soft though, but then again the shocks would not be able to valve anything stiffer anyway.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Do the subframe connectors on a Buillitt bolt right on to an SN95?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
They should be able to, because the chassis was not changed much, other than some different in the back of the rails for the new edge for the IRS mounting points. Bolt in subframes are kinda waste of money though. They don't really stiffen up the car that much, and weight more than weld in subframe connectors, due to all the extra hardware. Subframe connectors are cheap anyway, just get a nice pair from any well known mustang suspension retailer, and you should be ok.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
It's a package deal for pretty much all of his Bullitt bits. I was thinking about Roush ones because I'm going to get side exhaust, but a good shop could bend the pipes so they go around it I think.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
subframes do a substantial difference. and a combo with springs and shocks you have a hell of a street machine. :coolsmiley:

98_MustangGT

Reaction score
im runnin Stang Suspension Stage II Springs w/ Foxbody Tockico Blue Shocks/Struts. its about a 2" drop and i barley scrape on anything but i feel every bump in the road.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The roush subframes make a little difference, nothing like tubular, but that's all you can run with side exhaust.
go for em if their cheap! and definatley weld them in the center.

I sold mine off last fall.

g_dogg

Reaction score
with the stock suspension you wont scrapeand its comfy but
looks like a 4x4.

1.5 drop with eibach sports kit or similar.
you will scrape sometimes.
ride is livable. looks are not too bad.

2 inch drop with sportsline.
you will scrape and you have to be careful.
be extra carefull is you got an after market midpipe.
rides is very stiff. girls WILL complain when riding in the car.
corners amazing! good looking drop.

If you really want low and comfortable at the same time.
get MM coil-overs. but again if you lower 2 inches you have
to be careful all the time. and be prepered to dish out the $$.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
g_dogg said:
with the stock suspension you wont scrapeand its comfy but
looks like a 4x4.

1.5 drop with eibach sports kit or similar.
you will scrape sometimes.
ride is livable. looks are not too bad.

2 inch drop with sportsline.
you will scrape and you have to be careful.
be extra carefull is you got an after market midpipe.
rides is very stiff. girls WILL complain when riding in the car.
corners amazing! good looking drop.

If you really want low and comfortable at the same time.
get MM coil-overs. but again if you lower 2 inches you have
to be careful all the time. and be prepered to dish out the $$.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Fuck em!

They complain about everything...your cars too loud, I can smell the exhaust, your drive to fast, you take corners too fast, your car is bumpy..

:blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online