Loving my 97 SVT!

shocar4

Reaction score
so I purchased a 97 cobra a week ago today and I absolutely love it....I have already installed 17" chrome cobra r wheels and I am in the process of giving it a tune up! It has a miss in the low rpm's when i put a load on the engine! replaced the plugs and I am hoping that does the trick...if not then I will do the wires also! Here is a quick pic that I snapped the other day....needs a bath!!!
DSC_0574.jpg

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
nice pickup!! hope because of the miss you got it for a good deal... youll love it more when you dont have to worry about that problem..

how many miles on the clock?

YEa man replace the wires with some FRPP 9mm ones.. if that works.. then seafoam the bitch and put new oil in it and i think ude need new plugs after that too..

get er done man! welcome to the boards

OP
OP
S

shocar4

Reaction score
got the miss all fixed! ended up being a cracked plug wire!!! gave her a tune up and she runs perfect now! I painted the calipers red this past weekend and cleaned it up...will try to get some more pics soon! thanks fellas! btw 74k on the clock:)

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ooooh low mileage. My 97 has 178k on the clock. As long as you take care of her, she has a long life ahead.

BigTang

Reaction score
Nice. I picked up a 98 on Saturday. Its not a daily driver so i've only driven it a few days but managed to put about 300 miles on it.

I'm a little leary on doing the seafoam as mentioned above as I don't know how gummed up the IMRC plates are and don't want to knock all that crud down into the cylinders. So that's something to consider.

Mach1smo

Reaction score
Make sure you clean those IMRC's. Trust me it'll really wake the car up if it hasn't been done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.