MC Needs your advice!!!

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
spring break is when i rack in my money. :) Thats probably when we'll start pulling the trigger on this stuff...

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've decided to wait until spring.

I've found a stroker crankshaft which I've put an offer on to hold it until diagnosis. IE: Non-refundable deposit to hold the crankshaft until spring when diagnosis occurs.

If its a head/timing system problem, I'll pass on the shaft.
If its a bearing, I'll be paying the rest of the money for the shaft and stroking the bottom end.

I'm thinking: stroke bottom end, replace pistons, re-use connecting rods, upgrade rod bolts, replace oil pump, clean pick-up tube...

Thoughts? Opinions? *Suggestions*?

And feel free to give me the negative too, i have thick skin... "Chris you're beeing foolish" wont hurt my feelings.. ... lol.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like to bad of a idea a nice stroker would be fun and prolly make a wack load of torque . Spring break is usually when I finish getting paid for all my big winter jobs so that's when the final assembly of my very much missed yellow car. I honestly don't know what I'd do building a car for a good while for it to die so soon. My cars been down for a 1 1/2 years now but it's coming back out completely different.

Yea some arp 2000 rod bolts would be nice . Might as well port ur blower now .
Some scat rods and pistons or something. Don't go to radical and just drive it have some fun with it because I'm sure you'll be killing ur T45 in no time so it sounds like a coffee grinder lol.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so, as Jason said, I've only seen strokers that use other rods/pistons, so I'm obviously waiting for part numbers to start my homework...

and my blower is already ported :) I hope to simply do the crank and pistons to keep it "budget friendly"... nothing "radical" planned. Just looking to gain the most power since i'll be digging in there anyways. lol.

its what we do. right?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
^Right! And honestly if you've already put money on it.. Why not get it? Even if you don't use it right away, you'll have it for use later down the road. Idk maybe it's just my take on it but I would NOT want to put money down on something, then end up not getting it and lost the money lol.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well. Its best not to store cranks as surface rust can acuumulate. Also some *say* if you store them horizontally because gravity can cause them to warp. Ive never seen it before but ive been told once about it and asked a machine shop about it and the guy said its "plausible"

ram360

Reaction score
They didn't use them anymore because they needed intake cams that would provide more midrange torque since the 4.6 is already a small V8 and torque in n/a form is low as it is. Plus, ford didn't see the need to have different spec cams for different vehicles instead of just using one grind for the mach, cobra, marauder, navigator, and aviator.

I wouldn't buy any shortblock from MMR, money wasted there. I have a few friends that have gotten shortblocks/longblocks from them and lets just say I will never ever buy their engines...ever!

can you be more vague? ive delt with them and no issues and know many that have without issue. Plus a one year warranty no matter what power adder you bolt on. not many stand behind what they sell like that in the performance world or engines. sounds like bs..

BigBore96

Reaction score
Chris, make sure you get the details on which stroker crankshaft it is. There are 2 common stroke shafts which use different length rods/pistons. Don't do the MMR 4.75 stroker crap either. Terrible waste of money.
I can get you the part numbers for both styles of shaft. Just let me know and I'll pull em up.

I've heard the same with the cranks being able to warp like that. I've always stored them vertical or in a block.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online