My 94 Ratty Convertible Purchase

Reaction score
Great Site.
I recently purchased this ratty 94 Convertible 5.0 Mustang GT. I should have walked away from it.. but did it anyway. The old 5.0 has run very well.
I want to make a Faleen out of it and just enjoy the ride with my son.

I've added some Flowmasters 2 chamber 40's, Deleted all the cats, Removed the smog pump with a shorter 90" belt. Installed a 190 Fuel Pump, K&N Air Filter, tune up etc with Motorcraft parts.

chasemustangor6.jpg

94mustangzp3.jpg

94mustanginsideuz2.jpg

It needs a top, paint job and lord knows what else. But I've enjoyed it none the less.

(Previous cars, 88 GT, 92 Supercharged LX Notch, 97 Cobra)

C-Ro

Reaction score
SWEET CAR! I had the brown top too, got rid of it!

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks guys but the photos on the outside look better than it is. The inside took some cleaning work.. but is decent now.

The front was slightly front bumped at some point. Barely enough to crack the fiberglass hood nose and flexed out the fenders on each side. A fix was attempted. Really just a cosmetic hit. Also the side was slightly parking lot bumped in the drivers front corner and pass rear corner. Near miss hits.. ever so slight.

Enough to make me want to buy new repo front fenders and saleen nose and hood. But I knew what i was getting when I laid down the dough.

Hopefully I can make some progress to show soon. Thanks for all the positive comments. I just like the way these cars look.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Looks like you have a nice GT to start with doesn't seem ratty to me.
Congrats.

Brettzky

Reaction score
Looks good to me too. I have 94 GT VERT. as well. After 13 years yours looks great. She might need a new top but, you'd be surprised how much better they look after a good scrubbing, and a finishing treatment. An upholstery shop could probably make rough area's look good as new. Yer paint just needs the 3-step refinishing treatment. IMHO :)

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks. But the outside needs serious attention in the current state.

It just makes me wonder after I buy the saleen front, hood, wheels, paint it, replace the top, lower it (and thats not including the engine mods).. could I have just purchased a less ratty one to start with?

I guess I just have to remove the practical "what it's worth" from my head eh?

FASTANG

Reaction score
not ratty at all?!?!?!

Looks like a fun car, there's nothing better than cruisin' w/o a roof.
My 2 yr old son loves it when we cruise the city streets, he likes
being able to see everything.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Everyone has to start somewhere but now you can make it what you want. You never said how much you gave for it. But it seems to be a nice car. Most 94-95 need a new top so stratch that out. Most people want to replace to bumper and hood (Ive been wanting a hood for a while now but scared of bad fitment) So looks like you will break even in the end.

Doc_G

Reaction score
Ha your gt is in MUCH better condition than my 6 and i GUARRENTEE you didnt pay as much for it as I paid for mine. I got royally screwed and learned my lesson (never show the wife the car you want to purchase for her till AFTER youve negotiated a final price) she pretty much said we'll take it before I ever got to sit down w/the sales man so he knew he had me. Every 13 yr old car has some "charracter" in it somewhere ... just think of it like this take your time and build it as your son grows... many a great father-son afternoon in that cars future.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
yep as others said, it doesnt look ratty at all.

Nice stanger fer sure

97blackgt

Reaction score
i think it a nice car..needs a little TLC but all cars do

BTW what is a "faleen"?

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the encouragement from all.

I recently sold a week ago an antique 63 Ford Falcon 260V8 scatback A/C etc super nice show winner car.
So I've got a wad of cash available and just not sure I'm sold on redoing the car completely.

I could either buy another base model in much better bodywise condition at possibly much cheaper cost that redoing this one. These are the issues I'm wrestling with. I completely love the car and have had more fun with it that with my other antiques in the past as I drive this car much more.

Plus it reminds me of all the old ones I've had in the past. Reliving the past has been good.
So I guess I just need to be committed (ie: blow my wad on this ride or not)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.