My 96 Gt "the SLPR281 project"

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
So after i got rid of my fast, fully put together 86 Gt, i get the car ive wanted since i got my license a 96-98 mustang gt. i fell in love with these cars since i rode in my friend's 97 gt. The gas mileage was great, power was there and easily improvable, and one of my favorite body styles.

Bought my 96 gt with 163k miles, it was lowered already on eibach sportlines, which are some expensive ass springs lol and it came with the traditional kyb's all around also as you see the bullitts with good rubber all around. did i add that i only got it for $2450. the person i bought it off of said he had replaced the intake maniforld and did a full tune up. which you could tell from the wires and the intake looks like a pi intake with aluminium cross tube.

myslowsn94-3.jpg

kijpjkp-1.jpg

kjnkljpkp-1.jpg

bnkjnklnklnkln-1.jpg

Even before i got the car i was already thinking what to do to it, like exhaust which still has the 6 cat h pipe and body mods like s281 wing, but the first mod was the k&n filter, removing the silencer, and cleaning the mass air, which any body with a mass should do lol. I looked under the car and found out it has 1 chamber flowmasters with 3 inch tips. im thinking about getting the upr x pipe but i heard alot of the time its too long or too short so still deciding there.

The next mod was the wheels which i borrowed from my dad which i sold him lol some black powdercoated 17x9 FR500's all the way around which he put 275's in the front and 285's in the back.

IMG036.jpg

IMG035.jpg

While I was enjoying those i started working on the interior and the shifter which is a Steeda Tri-ax that i scored for $65 bucks which too me is a hell of a deal. Then i scored a black carpet for 50 bucks which was on the next hour i put it on the car in like an hour. also connected a new amp to all the speakers.

jkhkhko_zpsdcc017b4.jpg

Then, after holding on to some cobra caliper for like a couple of monthes i finally put them on with new pads and cross drilled and slotted rotors. My family are all into mustangs and my cousin works for a auto parts store and bought me all the rotors lines and calipers, free for me basically.

jhkhk-1.jpg

After sporting the wingless look for a minute a s281 wing was next on my list of mods, and fortunantly one came out on a local forum for 180 bucks which to a suprise was carbon fiber when i went to pick it up.

IMG067.jpg

IMG076.jpg

After debading whether i should save for a cobra bumper and painting it or getting the mach 1 chin spoiler i finally decided to go with the chin spoiler and ordered it from american muscle for 99.99 which is cheaper than going with the cobra bumper and i absolutely love the chin gives it a aggressive look.

IMG077.jpg

After a while of running around with my dads wheels i decided to give them back by buying some nice 03 cobras machines finish which i liked the most for only 350 bucks.

jkh8ioi.jpg

jkhklxxdzs.jpg

kdjkod.jpg

Recently just bought some cobra headlights which in the end were the greatest 50 bucks ive ever spent.
Please excuse the acne on my front bumper
jjddkkjdkdj.jpg

thanks for looking and sorry for the large pics.
more updates coming while i am collecting parts for a pi swap and changing the gears to 4.10's

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
lol'd at the acne comment.

nice starting point man. i like the cobra's more than fr500's on your car. looks nice so far. looking forward to updates.
btw, subbed :)

joekd

Reaction score
Looks great. The 4.10's should wake it up

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Thanks guys, really want to fix the acne but low on funds when I'm trying to go to college.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good so far. Where in Cali are you located? The guy who makes those carbon fiber wings is like 10 minutes from me.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice dude welcome to the forum car looks good

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i cant figure out how the bumper is so chipped but the hood and fenders look fine.....car has a good look tho dude

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
@ferocious: I live in the San Francisco area.
@ musturd: I've been browsing this site since I had my sn95 convertible.
@ttocs: huh? LOL
@whiplash: I believe the car got new resprayed parts in the front as in the fenders and Hood front bumper also.

cobra head

Reaction score
clean car - the frt bumper good start point tho

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
After i get the x pipe i plan to pu these on with my dynomax mufflers:

owsjsw.jpg

cobra head

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmm idk about them not a huge fan of them dont get me wrong rio cobra looks sick and my fav car on the site but still not a huge fan but good luck with that

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
i mean their really different and my dad has the same on his 97 cobra convert. ive like them ever since he got the cobra and the dynomax mufflers with a off road x sound amazing. i think ttocs has the same but the svo part is painted green

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Thanks man really trying to go all out on this one, I think I'm buying that pi intake from slow 2v on cafords, tomorrow.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Car looks good. Good start. Looks a lot like my 96 Gt. Except mines purple. Same 03 wheels, chin spoiler etc. lol except I paid only 1700.

Keep up the tasteful mods.

I like that carbon fiber s281. Does he ship those?

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
$1700? where do you live? out here in California with 1700 you can barely find a sn95 with tons of problems, and I got the wing from a local forum member but I think that specialcarbonfiber.com website might have em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.