My Crashed Mustang :(

bottlefed97

Reaction score
My Saturday night was pure sh*t.

I got onto the east bound on-ramp from Maitland Ave at 10pm in the torrential downpour, and, driving completely normal, got up to about 40 mph when the rear tires lifted up and the car started hydroplaning to the left. I let off the gas, tried turning the wheel, but the car was headed straight for the guardrail, and there was nothing I could do.

I let go of the wheel and braced myself, and the car hit head on and bounced off the rail, hit the rear of the car on the rail, and spun several times across the road, coming to rest in the grass.

To make a long story short, the pig who arrived on the scene, wrote me a $140 ticket for careless driving

The result:

DSCF5194.jpg

DSCF5195.jpg

DSCF5196.jpg

DSCF5200.jpg

The car is going to a place soon to get the front bent back out, and then the rebuilding process begins!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Sucks your car is messed up.

I don't buy your story about the car just hydroplaning all by itself though. :grin:

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Win said:
Glad to see your ok.

Damn that sucks man Hope you have Insurance.

Thanks man, yep I have full coverage :)

Paul said:
Sucks your car is messed up.

I don't buy your story about the car just hydroplaning all by itself though. :grin:

Then don't buy it :) There was water running across the on ramp it was raining so hard.

ford_JCH

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the car man. My stang got hit in a parking lot three weeks ago but the damage was not as bad as yours :sad5:. In the end it will be better than it was tho.

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Yep the whole car is getting repainted, along with a new single cowl hood and cobra bumpers.

No more saleen crap and dealing with scraping!

98GTnSC

Reaction score
glad 2 hear ur alot and ill buy ur story cuz i kno driving about 30mph or so on I-95 ive had sum hydroplaning issues in my GT. and i hope no1 with a stang that nice wud play around in bad weather like that. but good luck with the build

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
glad your ok
sad for the stang
I also have a beater for rainy days. It's bad enough around ATL when it's dry and having to dodge idiots on the cell. having to deal with that and the rain is too much for me. get a beater

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wowwww sorry bro. ive had my car lose traction just driving down the street. pretty scary, luckily ive never gotten into a situation that I couldn't get out of. im sure you were trying everything you could.

and sounds like a d-bag cop. sorry about that bud. get er fixed and back on the road soon! good luck

switch96

Reaction score
I don't even drive my car in the rain anymore unless I'm going to work. Scares the hell out of me.

bryand

Reaction score
i took out a barrel on the freeway backwards a few weeks ago in the rain, and i was going under the speed limit, was just shitty, ive been in a few bad accidents so i dont fuck around anymore, it just happens tho, glad to hear ur ok

Petek

Reaction score
Ahh sorry to hear man, that definetly sucks.

CruizinKev

Reaction score
aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh sorry man!!!!!! hope you can fix it asap! keep it up :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.