My Crashed Mustang :(

NmcgrawJ

Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me....i was on lunch. Started pouring after it had been pretty nice all morning. Was merging and accelerating in 3rd gear (was NOT more than 1/4 throttle) going about 50....rear end got loose....felt like it connected with the cement and then just whipped around. :-/ I didnt have as much front damage but my rear 1/4 panel got hit pretty good.

How much is insurance giving you for it? I got about 4,500 by the time it was all said and done about 2 years ago.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
We have a lot of really bad drivers on here. LOL

essasin

Reaction score
Get your case ready for the car. Get your paperwork for all your mods and have pictures of everything. My budddy had an 90's m3 that was heavily modded. With all this paperwork, pictures of the mods, and research of local cars with and without the mods he got 35k for it. He was able to convince the insurance that it has become a rare car in the condition he has kept it in and added the modifications on top. He has easily spend more than 30k but he made out as best he could.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those Florida Thunderstorms can dump several inches of rain in no time.... 40 was way too fast as you found out in that situation.

What kind of tires were you running?

venom

Reaction score
Theres a ramp on Kendall for turnpike that almost got me. I spun a bit but managed to pray hard enough to save it. I have come to terms of what mustang can not do so I will drive realiy slow on ramps and evern slower on wet ramps. Dry straight line is something else.

red95r

Reaction score
first time i lost traction i was just doing a legal u-turn and i spun out, next i was on the highway doing 50 in a 65 and i guess i drove over a slick spot and i fishtailed. both times i hit nothing.

good luck to you man!

deesnutsgt

Reaction score
One time i was pulling into a walmart on bald wynstars in second gear and fishtailed alittle bit. almost hit the curb.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
+1 on fighting the ticket, that's bullshit. Really sucks to see the car like that man, damn it. Hopefully you can get it fixed up better than new and hope for no more incidents.

Here's what I'm thinking though, if it was a torrential downpour you shouldn't have been driving "normally," but rather slower and more cautious than normal.

I really don't get all these problems with rain driving, I daily drove my car two years including through a winter and I never had these problems, my car never hydroplaned or spun around (at least due to water) or anything like that, what gives? Are your guys tires really that shitty? Jesus. /rant

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all the kind words guys!

NmcgrawJ said:
Similar thing happened to me....i was on lunch. Started pouring after it had been pretty nice all morning. Was merging and accelerating in 3rd gear (was NOT more than 1/4 throttle) going about 50....rear end got loose....felt like it connected with the cement and then just whipped around. :-/ I didnt have as much front damage but my rear 1/4 panel got hit pretty good.

How much is insurance giving you for it? I got about 4,500 by the time it was all said and done about 2 years ago.

The insurance just wants to total the car, but i'm def not going to do that. I'm just going to take the hit and fix it.

JeremyAlan said:
damn that sucks. Glad your ok. and f*ck da po po

What color you gonna go with now?

I want to go with something that's close to what I had, which is some aftermarket red. Any suggestions?

DropTopPony said:
Those Florida Thunderstorms can dump several inches of rain in no time.... 40 was way too fast as you found out in that situation.

What kind of tires were you running?

Khumo Ecsta SPT's, 10.5in wide, and pretty bald

uncltrvlnmatt said:
Glad to see that you are o.k.

I would fight the ticket.

I plan on it!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
glad youre okay! i hope it starts out going well. :)

.... next time you promise me a hood, take better care of it ;-) LOL! :)

keep us updated bro.

LI98GT

Reaction score
Sorry, bottle. I feel for you and I'm with the guys in that we're glad to see that your OK. You've got some tough work ahead of you, but you cand definately get it back together look good again. GL with any recovery and the build up.

EastBayStang98

Reaction score
damn, glad ur ok but damn it sucks what happned to car, but it will look way better when its fixed, good luck on that

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn Bald crappy tires will kill you in the rain....
I run the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's because of how great they are in the rain. Worth the money to me just because of that aspect.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
ticket is pretty much mandatory.... not the cops fault, just doing his job but either way it does suck, trust me, i know

honestly unless you had it insured for a good amount it looks like it may be totaled

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
El_Diablo said:
ticket is pretty much mandatory.... not the cops fault, just doing his job but either way it does suck, trust me, i know

honestly unless you had it insured for a good amount it looks like it may be totaled

no one says he HAS to go through insurance. he is more than able to pay out of pocket.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
true, he doesn't have to but thats how most go about it, not everyone out there has cash to pay out of pocket and even those who do rarely choose to take that route, but then again i dont know the guy

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
glad youre okay! i hope it starts out going well. :)

.... next time you promise me a hood, take better care of it ;-) LOL! :)

keep us updated bro.

LMAO I should have let you have the hood! It would still be alive and going to good use! If I only I could forsee what was going to happen :/

Oh well lol. I'll definitely keep the updates going, working on the car again tonight!

EastBayStang98 said:
damn, glad ur ok but damn it sucks what happned to car, but it will look way better when its fixed, good luck on that

Thanks a bunch man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online