My new CUSTOM BUILT rear shock tower brace.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I welded mine in between the rear shock towers . Definitely made it stiffer

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea i can't imagine it's gonna hurt. plus it looks cool. fuuk it

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
My fox body had 1x3 (or something) box tube welded between them. It was going to be a mounting point for a cage. Sold it befor the cage though.
I COULD DEFINATLY TELL A DIFFERENCE IN THAT CAR. Kinda where this idea came from. Just wanted to try it without drilling or welding. The more I drive the car the more I can tell it's helping. Wish there was another autox event this year.

Here's the fox's bar.
image_zps0855b034.jpg

image_zps8c650c57.jpg

and here's the fox. Cause.. Well it's my thread. Hah
Yup...Those are 18s with 305s I think.. AM said they wouldn't fit whatever they were. Sure showed them.
image_zps99ce1e87.jpg

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Adds weight.

I can live with a little weight in the ass. The thing weighs less than 3lbs anyway.
But I think I'm going to modify it so it's like an upside-down triangle and tie it into the floor. If it's not doing what it's supposed to then I want to fix it. I may just cut the L brackets off, say EF it, and weld it in. Suggestions?

GregT94SCC

Reaction score
I would imagine that on a non-notch fox it would make a difference. Not sure about an sn95 though. I built one of these years ago for a buddy of mine, we mounted his optima battery to it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That was my plan and it would not be that hard to modify yours. Cut it in the middle and turn them down to the floor and then weld a piece in the middle.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
That was my plan and it would not be that hard to modify yours. Cut it in the middle and turn them down to the floor and then weld a piece in the middle.

Thats alot simpler then how i was thinking to do it. Ill try it out after i get this head swap done.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it would be a perfect place to mount things to for a solid hold. Like I said my amps are 30 lbs each and I want to make them solid enough so you can push the car with their mounts and this is how I will do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online