My Terminator Cobra Build.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I have these thingy's now. The pulley and idler kit linked above should be going on this weekend. After that I'm going to have to baby the hell out of it until I can get it on the dyno. IMG_7651.jpg

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Borla Stingers and Bassani Catted X pipe are now on the car and I love how it sounds!!! Did a video on how it sounds compared to the Flowmasters and O/R X pipe that was on the car when I got it. If you only want to hear the borla's it starts at 4:07 in the video. If you want to know how the flowmaters and o/r X sound you can watch the whole thing. But they sound like shit so I saved you some time there.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Dyno tune is this coming friday the 18th. Taking guesses on what it will put down. Mods are: Billetflow 2.76 upper pulley, stock lower ( approx 13-15 PSI ) Stock headers, Bassani catted X pipe, Borla stingers. JLT ram air intake.

Weather will be sunny and temps in the low 60's, no humidity. Tune being done at Performance Dyno in Louden NH. My guess is 485/495, a little higher than average but due to the cooler temps and great boost / power making weather.

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Laid some numbers down with the 2.76 pulley finally! It was a long wait of 2 weeks of not driving it until I could get it tuned. Really happy with the results. My fuel pumps are maxed out so that's something that needs to be addressed before adding any more power. As of now it will stay in this configuration until car season next year. Too late now to do anything else with it so I'll address the few issues it has now when car season picks up again next year and I'll figure out what's next power wise. Thinking Long Tubes and depending on fudage I may be putting a bigger supercharger on it. We will see.

Also the Dyno reads high by 30ftlbs of TQ

IMG_7754.jpg IMG_7753.jpg IMG_7755.jpg

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Dropped the supercharger coolant expansion tank yesterday for powder coating and got it back today. I hate satin black so I had it changed to wrinkle black. Just the start of some things I want to get done to it while its up for the winter. Tank 1.jpg Tank 2.jpg Tank 3.jpg

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
New cap and ring were installed and the expansion tank was put back on. Also picked up a set of MM subframe connectorsIMG_8292.jpg subfreame connectors.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
It's a handful, the TQ is unreal. I've already told a few people that the chance you had the drive it is now gone lol

They’re impressive enough to make you wonder why you ever messed with the 351w for as long as you did.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They’re impressive enough to make you wonder why you ever messed with the 351w for as long as you did.
oh man people are going to start twitching with a comment like that. Are you sure you want to open that can of worms again? You never know who might come out of the woodwork just for this....

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score

No kidding. If I spent all that time and money into building an 03/04 Cobra I could have bought one when the prices bottomed out on them years ago. Not looking like that is ever going to happen again at the rate the prices are going now. While this engine is not the pinnacle of efficiency and performance compared to new engines now it's still light years ahead of the dinosaur pushrod. I put on a smaller pulley, exhaust and an intake and picked up over 100 RWHP over stock, it's just dumb.

Got the brembo's removed and completely torn down. Was going to split the calipers for powder coating but for one it's not really needed plus I did not want to risk snapping the bolts that hold them together. Took them over to a friends and we applied A LOT of torque onto one of the bolts and it would not break loose. Was either going to snap the bolt, strip the threads or some other outcome that would have given me a huge headache so overall was just not worth it. Will be getting them powder coated red. The rebuild kit will consist of new 36mm and 40mm pistons new seal kit and new hardware. Replacing the pistons because I'm about 150% positive that my 40mm pistons were stuck and what was leading to my less than impressive breaking for having 4 piston brembos. The 40mm pistons DID NOT want to come out of the caliper even with air. They were stuck in there really bad image_50408449.JPG

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
powerder coating looks good. I like it.

Thanks. Replacing the other tank which comes powder coated and giving that expansion tank to a friend who's helping me with doing the return fuel system when I get it. Cost of buying an already powder coated tank VS having that one done is about the same price so might as well get a new one.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I plan to disassemble my calipers and have them powder coated at some point. How did you go about extracting the pistons? Did you use compressed air?

OP
OP
Venom351R

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I plan to disassemble my calipers and have them powder coated at some point. How did you go about extracting the pistons? Did you use compressed air?

That's the easiest way to do it. Mine were stuck so it caused all kinds of problems. Another way is to pound them out with a screwdriver and hammer. I had to use both methods to get them all out. You can see the maring on some of the pistons from where I had to use channel locks to work them out. Problem was when I used air it would not pop out all 4 at once. The ones that wanted to come out I had to clamp in so they would not pop out which got the stuck one out but then left the other ones not wanting to come out because they were retracted all the way in the caliper and if I put the previously stuck piston back in and used air it would blow the ones out that were not stuck before but now the previous stuck one was now stuck again. Was a vicious cycle. So I ended up blowing out the ones I could with air and pounding the rest out with the screwdriver / hammer method and using channel locks.

I was using a small air compressor because my large craftsman one in the garage trips my breaker in the house so I cant really use it for anything unless I do a panel for just the garage or change to 20v breakers for the garage in the house. If you do not have any that are stuck they should all pop out at the sametime.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Christ. What a job. I hope mine goes smoothly but nothing bolted to my car ever gives up easily.

joe65

Reaction score
yeah sounds like fun. good to see that all the crap doesn't just happen to me tho. :) Glad to share the WTH with others. Side note but related, i'm working on some deals now to put an 03/04 cobra eaton on my 2v....decided to go with the Tork Tech kit on my 2v while i figure out what my Coyote swap needs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.