Need ARP part number

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else using the ARP 1” with either a 3/8” or 5/16” head for their headers? And what are “chromoly” bolts?

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Daryl,

"Chromoly" is a combination of the names for the two major material types used in making the material that goes by that name. Easy to look up all the particulars online if you are interested. I use ARP header bolts in everything I own with the exception of the stock factory cars. I don't remember the size I used on the 98 but yes both engines got ARP hardware including the header bolts.

Jake

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I used stage 8 locking stud fasteners on mine to be sure they are not working back out. There are two additional pieces that go over the nut after it is installed. One is a clip that goes around the nut and holds it against the header pipe and then there is a clip that slides over to lock that other one in place.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use the 1" arp s/s bolts with 12 point 5/16" head. Also use s/s lockwashers. Have no issues.
That’s exactly the ones the muffler guy told me to get. BTW, he also ran a race crew, so I’m thinking he knows what he’s talking about!

dcm0123

Reaction score
Never knew they made these.
I used Stainless socket head cap screws (allen drive) with matching size lock washers from McMaster Carr.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online