Need help deciding on a short block and Cam

bandit

Reaction score
I bought some new 185 trick flow heads with 58 cc combustion chambers and a tko 600. I was thinking about buying a DSS 347 with the flat top pistons(around 11.2 to 1 compression) and a Comp cam XE282 cam. I was just wondering if that would be a good combo?

I already have a milodon pan, long tubes, trick flow R (not box), 75 mm TB, 30lb inj, 75mm pro m maf, anderson power pipe, Summit ignition, distributor, msd coil, taylor 409 plug wires. I also have an AEM stand alone with a wide band O2 sensor. also trick flow 1.6 rockers with the heads. 3.55 gears i think thats about it.

Any suggestions would be great...Thanks

hottwheels04

Reaction score
thats a very good setup, I dont think you really need anymore then that, thats a strong 350-400rwhp setup.

ProKiller

Reaction score
sounds like a stout combination. i have a dss 331 super pro bullet and can't complain about it. been going strong since like 2003.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea doesn't seem like you need any advice . You gotta wicked list of parts for a nice combo .

Addermk2

Reaction score
XE282 is a weak cam for that combo.

Odd as it may sound, the TFS-3 would be balls in that combo!

95opal

Reaction score
Combo sounds good might want to consider an FTI custom cam for a couple more bucks. Ill also stick to my guns on purchasing a dart block for any stroker combo. It may cost a tad more up front but will save you $ in the long run. Dss is just a stock block and will leave you in sthe same boat as your current block will. Take a look at fordstroker site for blocks and stroker kits. Nothing worse than dumping all that money and still be bound by the limits of the stock block and no where to go in the future.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I totally wish I had built a lower compression 347 into a dart block... I probably wouldnt have wasted money on two different sets of useless heads now.

OP
OP
B

bandit

Reaction score
The trick flow stage 3 cam does sound like a better cam. Does anyone know what the event timing is for the intake - specifically the closing. I need to put it into my dynamic compression calculator to make sure I can run pump gas... I would like to keep this thing on the streets. I'm not ruling out the custom cam just yet though... or the dart block. I may do the dart block on my next build.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online