Need help finding lug nuts

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Man I find nothing but blue, red, black, green but no copper. . Thought about powder coating but not sure if the coating would allow the key(socket) to side in..

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Finding colored lug nuts is hard enough for 1/2" 20 threads, I can't even imagine trying to find them in copper.

I think powdercoating would be your best bet.

blackdemon007

Reaction score
You could get some aluminum ones anodized, but I've found that you have to be very careful with anodize, because even if it is done perfectly, it scratches easily.

Powdercoating will hold up much better over time.

Either way its gonna look sweet!

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Completely miss the above comment. . Not sure I want to get aluminum lug nuts.. they can get pricey for the quality ones.. not sure I would throw some cheap ones on.

ProKiller

Reaction score
have you called up mcgard or gorilla to see if they make them?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I went through this same hassle trying to find black open-ended lug nuts for our threads. PITA. I suspect Gorilla will not have what you want. IIRC, they have black (closed-end, not open-end) but that was it. I ended up finding mine on eBay. Turned out okay, was a tad pricey, but it was like I was overflowing with options. Powdercoat would be better than anodized - anodized will fade. Good luck in the hunt.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Question:**Can you powder coat the lug nuts on my car?

Answer:**Yes, but they may not fit in your lug nut socket any more.* To get an effective corrosion protection on steel lug nuts, the powder needs to go on with a dry film thickness of between .003" and .006".* That means the overall size of your lug nut may increase as much as .012", which may not seem much but which is more than the clearance between the nut and some sockets.* We generally recommend people look to see if they can buy lug nuts in the color they desire, as those manufactured to be coated are made undersize to allow for the thickness of the coating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online