Need referrals for tuners in SoCal

ReplicaR

Reaction score
if you want it done right the first time do it yourself
I have been around many shops like that
good friends and that's it but your not touching my engines

I know nearly nothing about engine building, and since I was going spend a pretty penny on all the parts, I didn't want to make a simple mistake and have to take it all apart, causing more money to be spent. I guess I overlooked the fact that someone else can make all those mistakes as well, regardless of how "experienced" they may seem.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Fantastic, ReplicaR! Just what I’m looking for... and close! 15-20 minutes max. I will definitely touch base with them. My supercharger is on its way back from Jon Bond Performance as of today. Soon as it arrives, I’ll piece it back together and get ahold of FTK and have them do for mine exactly what they did for yours: full range drive ability.

Ver cool, THANKS

I sincerely hope you will be satisfied with your experience. Good tuners are hard to find, and I was fortunate that someone recommended FTK, because they would never show up on my radar due to the location.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I know nearly nothing about engine building, and since I was going spend a pretty penny on all the parts, I didn't want to make a simple mistake and have to take it all apart, causing more money to be spent. I guess I overlooked the fact that someone else can make all those mistakes as well, regardless of how "experienced" they may seem.
I have worked some dealerships and seen some pretty expensive mistakes
I wont even take my vehicles to a dealership or any shop
the engines and technology on newer cars and trucks are insane so I got out of it

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you're near Ventura, there is no one better than Ray at Full Throttle Kustomz in Fillmore. He's using a Mustang A248 dyno, which is a loading roller, so it allows him to tune various loads, all kinds of different situations, etc. They really pride themselves on tuning the cars for great driveability and safe reliable power, and so far I can vouch for that. Before I went to FTK, my mustang had pretty iffy street manners, it would frequently stall, was difficult to drive at the lower rpm range. All of that is gone. While on the dyno we also found out that one of the cylinder banks is running leaner than the one one, and that my fuel pump is running out of fuel near the top, something that none of the previous tuners have ever mentioned.

https://fullthrottlekustomz.com/

ReplicaR,
Wanted to thank you again for the FTK referral. Met Ray briefly but Brian has been my primary point of contact. Very impressed and pleased with them so far. Should be getting the car back this week, so I’ll keep you posted on the results.

recharged95

Reaction score
Just fyi, for 94-5s forget ALL SoCal tuners, all of them. 94-5 eecs are very much in need of a ninja tuner as a lot of the tables are mis-documented and most pro tuners have forgotten thode secrets. Finding those guys are needles in a haystack since odb2 and factory friendly tuning interfaces came out in 96 (Got a dyno? everyone’s a tuner!).

Tuner forums have good support, just get Tuner pro-rt, a QH and WBO and call it a day. Heck I’ll give you my bin files. (And I’m from the shiftmaster days )

Tried 3 tuners to fix drivability and they want to slap an SCT on it with some tweaks...and all lost HP at the dyno. One place in Downey I lost 40whp (429 to 387) using the tuner’s 3rd tune try. Paid my dyno time and moved on. If you’re not smog, just move to mega squirt and experience obd2+++ programming.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just fyi, for 94-5s forget ALL SoCal tuners, all of them. 94-5 eecs are very much in need of a ninja tuner as a lot of the tables are mis-documented and most pro tuners have forgotten thode secrets. Finding those guys are needles in a haystack since odb2 and factory friendly tuning interfaces came out in 96 (Got a dyno? everyone’s a tuner!).

Tuner forums have good support, just get Tuner pro-rt, a QH and WBO and call it a day. Heck I’ll give you my bin files. (And I’m from the shiftmaster days )

Tried 3 tuners to fix drivability and they want to slap an SCT on it with some tweaks...and all lost HP at the dyno. One place in Downey I lost 40whp (429 to 387) using the tuner’s 3rd tune try. Paid my dyno time and moved on. If you’re not smog, just move to mega squirt and experience obd2+++ programming.

Just curious, if the tuners have started to forget what they needed to know on these cars, what makes you think the average DIY'er is going to be able to know or learn what they forgot with some new hardware and software that they have never touched before?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR,
I owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude and thanks for the FTK referral. Brian, Zach and Ray are amazing. I just got my Snake back today after 2+ months of dogging then with requests, fix its, etc and I could not be happier! What a god send finding out about them and I have you to thank for the referral.

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THSNK YOU!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online