New Black Paint Job

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
the pearl can be added to clear (what my painter always did as long as the flake is small) or an intercoat. good look though dude! ^^thats fn nasty btw, lol! dam

That Shelby just made me make my decision right now. That looks fking sick!!! That paint, same Saleens I got, lower it, maybe a Cobra front bumper and shave all the badges and it'll be done

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
That Shelby just made me make my decision right now. That looks fking sick!!! That paint, same Saleens I got, lower it, maybe a Cobra front bumper and shave all the badges and it'll be done
dam that does sound sick, lol! do it! :)

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the pearl can be added to clear (what my painter always did as long as the flake is small)

i wouldn't do that simply for the fact that the pearl would/could/might/will carry over into the next paint job

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
here's a smoothed black paint job like i was talking about

EDIT: reflections are way deeper with smoothed clear coat

Picture007-6.jpg

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the problem people make is they have no clue how to take care of a black car..it applies to all colors but black makes every scratch/ding/scrape/scuff/blemish stick out way more than other colors

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
the problem people make is they have no clue how to take care of a black car..it applies to all colors but black makes every scratch/ding/scrape/scuff/blemish stick out way more than other colors

Yup. P/o of my car probably washed it with brillo it was that bad. I try to keep it as clean as possible weather permitting but the paints old and needs refreshing lol.. That smoothes black paint looks amazing man, do all shops do that if you ask or is it custom?

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ha..yeah......i wasn't gonna put this up but whatever..this was a side job (ended up being a nightmare)..sprayed the front lip and rockers

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Looks good, but damn who ever owns that needs to invest in a bottle of wax and a buffing wheel lol

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i've seen guys drop crazy $$ on black paint jobs and they look great around 8pm, lol. noon sun and swirls everywhere. cut and buff skills just arent up to par in some cases with black! the reason i stayed away from repainting mine black!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i can run though a good detail process/list with you down in SC if you'd like, [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION]

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
i've seen guys drop crazy $$ on black paint jobs and they look great around 8pm, lol. noon sun and swirls everywhere. cut and buff skills just arent up to par in some cases with black! the reason i stayed away from repainting mine black!

Kinda why I wanna change the color. I know how to detail cars, but black is a p.i.t.a

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are a number of metallic blacks that are nice. Go to your local auto parts store and check out their black section to get some ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online