New Cobra, new problems

Cpotts13

Reaction score
id do the body work myself and have them repaint it white again (because they wont do the door jams etc). Just make sure they do a 2 stage paint... color and clear.
Then axpect to be doing a ton of wetsanding and buffing and polishing yourself..

OP
OP
Rizkit32

Rizkit32

Reaction score
Yeah I know, but that's later though. That takes a lot of $$$ haha. For now I might just plastidip my car white, my friend gets them really cheap and it would be kinda interesting to have a matte white cobra

OP
OP
Rizkit32

Rizkit32

Reaction score
Good news!!

My transmission is shot -_- I've been feeling it for a while but now my car finally gave up. I found a guy who says he'll do a rebuild for $400 with a year warranty, but i don't know if that's if I leave him my car and do his thing or if I have to drop the tranny myself.

How difficult of a process is it to drop the tranny ad would a 6 speed from a terminator fit with no modification? If I find a cheap one I'll try to go with that

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
a 6 speed may need modification to get your reverse lights and speedometer to work -- I'm not 100% sure.

bell housing will fit right in. You'll need the cobra driveshaft and maybe the cross-member as well.

$400.00 aint bad with a warantee.

TLSF150

Reaction score
For 400 he probably expects you to drop it and reinstall it yourself

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2!

OP
OP
Rizkit32

Rizkit32

Reaction score
alright what about the t5 out of a gt because I was thinking about it I don't really have time to not be without a car waiting for the transmission to be built so I was thinking of just going to the junkyard and throwing one of those in or buying a used one off of Craigslist. some guy has one out of a cobra from Craigslist but he wants $400 for that but if I go pull one off of a decent looking Mustang with low miles at the junkyard that's only a hundreds $130. once I fix that I think I'm just going to sell it and start new with a different Cobra because I'm over this one and I kind of like the coupe more than the convertible, it was nice but its just not me.

TLSF150

Reaction score
T5 wont work thats for 5.0s a t45 should bolt up fine though.. I dont think youd have to change anything but could be wrong

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2!

OP
OP
Rizkit32

Rizkit32

Reaction score
Well, I found out something that I already kinda knew but didn't want to hear. I have a spun bearing and a rod is knocking. I honestly give up with this pile of ****

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Oh good lord man... im sorry to hear that, i couldnt tell you why it makes a strange noise with the clutch in or out but it sure does sound bad..

chris91

Reaction score
That sounds about like what mine sounded like right before the trans took a shit. Can you feel it in the shifter? I could in mine.

OP
OP
Rizkit32

Rizkit32

Reaction score
That sounds about like what mine sounded like right before the trans took a shit. Can you feel it in the shifter? I could in mine.

Yeah actually, but its not as bad when I push the clutch in. What happen to your trans?

chris91

Reaction score
Mine gave me no warning other than the typical whining. No gears grinded at all. It shifted great tbh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online