Want To Buy New Edge Cobra

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for another cobra.
I am NOT looking for a car that's pristine. This one will be used as a project/build car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- New edge. 99/01 and termis fine.
- It doesn't have to be perfect. Blown engine or minor damage would be acceptable.
- Prices are open, depending on the year and condition.
- Distance preferably within 200 miles of 46706... especially if the car doesn't run and will need to be towed.
- Must be a legit cobra with a clean title. No fobras.

Thanks in advance.

chris91

Reaction score
So what are your plans? It would probably be worlds cheaper in the long run to just start off with a GT shell.

OP
OP
DeepList

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The exact plans are undecided. It's going to be a project car to build into what I want it to be.... stripping it down to the bare bones and then slowly putting money into it to build it up. I've wanted to do this for quite some time and I don't feel like dismantling my red car. As for it being a cobra vs GT... I want a cobra body with a legitimate cobra VIN for my own personal reasons. I don't want to say "money isn't an object" in this build, but it's not going to be a "budget build" by any means and I want a cobra body to get started.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Check out SVTP. I think they have a whole section dedicated to rollers/projects. You'll definitely find what your looking for there

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Yeah you can just lurk and see what's up. I found my pristine 98GT on the Corral classifieds about 40 minutes away from me. The next Mustang I get, if I get a 2nd or ever decide to sell mine I'll for sure get it from an online forum. The beauty of getting a stang from a place like this or the Corral or SVTP or wherever is that generally the guy/gal is a member of ALL those forums and you can do some digging on them, look at their posts to see if they sound like a moron or not and oftentimes there are mod/build threads they made. My 98 had recommendations from multiple ppl who had seen the car in person and the PO was known personally by a few ppl as well. Never again Autotrader... CL can be very sketch too, so many young kids with SN95s or even new Edges these days that they just rice out or beat up or use shitty ebay garbage on or whatever.

OP
OP
DeepList

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I feel ya. The cobra in my signature I actually bought from a guy that I found on craigslist. It turns out the dude owns his own car dealership near Indianapolis and it was his personal car. It was a pretty nice deal. Very cool guy. I watch my local craigslists like a hawk!

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Oh man I would have had a nice 99 vert for you a year back. Very cheap too. I bought it with the same intentions as you but sold it off for a good deal.

GLWSearch, the 99's especially are definitely out there...

Nightmare

Reaction score
.... depends on what we're talking about, but $18K is termi territory.

You are correct sir

see the thread for details:
http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?59973-2003-svt-cobra-convertible&p=1179060#post1179060

It is at one of my stores and we are well with in 200 miles of you. I should have no problem getting closer to you as well. Fully inspected!
0_987.jpg

PM me for more information

OP
OP
DeepList

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's a nice car. I ran the VIN and it comes back clean. The price is good... Do you have any other photos? I checked the dealership site and didn't see any other pictures. The only thing that scares me with this car, being in Wisconsin its whole life, I am sure it has seen plenty of road salt unless it's been garage kept.

I have the cash, and I could purchase this, but I'd have to consider it because I'm looking more along the lines of a roller.

Nightmare

Reaction score
It's a nice car. I ran the VIN and it comes back clean. The price is good... Do you have any other photos? I checked the dealership site and didn't see any other pictures. The only thing that scares me with this car, being in Wisconsin its whole life, I am sure it has seen plenty of road salt unless it's been garage kept.

I have the cash, and I could purchase this, but I'd have to consider it because I'm looking more along the lines of a roller.

Deep, I got some more information on it for you. It was garage kept, and was taken in by the guy who sold it in the first place. I will be sending you a pm with my phone number so we can discuss this. He traded it in on a truck. I will have some more pictures of it tomorrow. From what my Chevy store is telling me, it sounds just like what you are looking for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online