New Fox Body Tokico HPs raised me 1/2"...

HuskerGT

Reaction score
After reading the suspension sticky I decided to upgrade my suspension and go with the Fox Body Tokico HPs and Eibach Sportlines.

Right now I'm running Ford Cs all around on stock shocks.

I Just got the rears on and dropped it down and I'm around 1/2" taller now out back.

I haven't done the fronts yet because I'm waiting for the springs and am holding off to install my MM caster/camber plates, shocks & springs at the same time.

Is this normal? What can I expect from the Tokicos?

S

scarface

it needs to settle... give it a few hundred miles of driving. It would have done that regardless of what shocks.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
your old shocks were most likely blown and sagging so now the new shock/Struts raised the car back where its supposed to be.

Downshift

Reaction score
Shocks should not have anything to due with ride height. They are there to dampen the spring. The springs are what determine ride height.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Shocks should not have anything to due with ride height. They are there to dampen the spring. The springs are what determine ride height.

unless his shocks were blown

Downshift

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
5.0wned said:

unless his shocks were blown

I dont see how. I had blown shocks (they basically sat there) and put new Bilsteins on and no difference. If he had worn out springs that could cause sag. I have never heard of blown shocks making your car sit lower. You can compress a shock fairly easily with your bare hands you would have to be a mutant to be able to compress a spring that way. If they made a difference in ride height how would they just now be all the way down with the weight of the car?

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Actually the rear shocks were in pretty good shape. You had to press pretty hard to compress them.
I didn't think shocks could or should affect ride height.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Could the C springs have sagged a bit? They only have around 40k miles on them though.

Just seemed strange to me.

Downshift

Reaction score
HuskerGT said:
Could the C springs have sagged a bit? They only have around 40k miles on them though.

Just seemed strange to me.

Did you turn them at all? Like the pigtail facing a different direction? I know that can make a slight difference. Is it on both sides or just one? What did you measure off of? Ground tire, feneder?

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
The C springs were already on the car. They measure the same on both sides.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online