New track time with longtubes!!!

dutman98

Reaction score
Well I went to the track tonight with my new mods. I got mac longtubes procamber and mac dumps. My last trip to the track(1/8) my best time was 9.74. With the new combo I got a 9.44 with a 2.0 60ft. Car is basically stock except for 4.10's(auto). Next mod well defiantly be some sticky Mickeys.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Good driving! :thumb:
A good set of sticky tires should be number one on your list
and will greatly improve your times with some practice.
Do you ever run the 1/4 mile at the track you go to?

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Thanks. No, The closest 1/4 is about a 4 hour drive. I think it would be around 14.6 or 5 but im not for sure.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not bad at all...time to open up the intake side and take advantage of the free flowing exhaust...i smell a PI intake/Cam swap :)

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
That is on my list of things to do next. Hey droptop I want to go with an aggresive cam. I want to get Vt stage 2's put I dont want to fight with the headers again. What whould be the biggest cam to go with Without swapping valvespings and converter, or can I do this with out taking the heads and headers off?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
VT doesn't make a specific NPI cam but you can use them with some offset retainers and machined spring perches...I would go with a Crower st1 or Comp st1 NPI specific cam. They won't require spring changes and will add a solid gain in HP and add a nice little lope.

Also no need to remove the heads when doing valve spring swap...it can be done in car. If you do decide to swap the springs then get some Crower st 2 NPI cams and get a dyno tune...that will take care of idle/drivability issues...then start saving for a TC.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
thats not a bad eighth time, get some good tires on there and a stall and you could see HIGH 8's

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. Do the cams have to be npi's? Or can I go PI's. Does it make a difference?

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Oh yeah and also can I install a stall without removing my Headers?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online