Nickisa0's '98 Mustang GT *Might Be Sold*

Nickisa0

Reaction score
Hey guys! My name is Nick and I'm from Summerville, South Carolina (just outside Charleston). I've been building cars for the longest time, I have plenty of experience with 4cylinders. This would be my first V8 and also my first Ford.
Well I sold two of my '96 & '98 Neons for a total of $3,700 and ended up buying this '98 Mustang GT. I always swore I would never own a Mustang, but I couldn't pass this one up. I had my eye on it the day I moved into my neighborhood (without the flames at the time). Very clean car, except for the flames on the front end and with a salvage title. I ended up paying $3,000 cash for the car. Has 120,xxx miles, full power options, cruise control, new tires & fresh paint.

The only mechanical issues I've come across are the odometer (mileage gauge) doesn't work. I'm hoping that's a sensor unplugged somewhere, I haven't began to look yet. Does anyone have a good place to start checking?
It also is missing the a/c condenser, so I'll be installing one and having the system recharged.
Then I have the "clicky" shifter and sometimes it doesn't wanna fall into gear. Are these clutches adjustable?

Upgrades:
BBK cold air intake
BBK underdrive pullies
2 1/2" pipes with "H" pipe to Flowmasters with turn downs
Pro 50 shifter

I did a good bit of research/lurking around the forum before registering. I've read all about the PI swap when I decide to build power. One thing I know I don't like right away is the shifter, it's so "clicky" and a long reach. Till I decide to tear into the engine like I do the rest of my cars... it's just going to be a nice clean daily driver. :thumbsup:

Couple plans I have are this:
Repainting the front fenders & hood to get rid of those flames.
I'd like to get a different style front bumper, I'm kinda liking the Cobra ones.
Darker headlights (still looking for the perfect set) that don't look cheap.
Picking up stock foglights and painting them yellow.

What type of maintenance do you recommend for this car? Oil, filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, etc...

I'm sure there's parts on this car I don't know about, so if you see something I need to know please tell me. I know how forums work, so I'll be doing my research before I post. I don't wanna get torn apart by a stupid question. I'm here to learn!

Owner Pictures:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Current Pictures:
DSC02050.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

I'd love to hear your opinions. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
N

Nickisa0

Reaction score
Re: Nickisa0's '98 Mustang GT *It's Just Began*

I ordered the LED's for my gauge cluster, HVAC panel, dome lights & tag lights lastnight. I got them from: www.SuperBrightLEDs.comhttp://

Here's the print-out receipt with the part numbers & quantity so you guys know which ones to order.

Quantity Product Price Base Shipping Options Subtotal
11 WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb $2.99 $0.00 Cool White WLED-CW5 0.95 $43.34
3 3910-x6 LED Festoon bulb $1.95 $0.00 Cool White 3910-CW6 1.75 $11.10

Subtotal: $54.44
Shipping: $5.00 (estimated)
Grand Total: $59.44

And here's the write-up about it: http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,19730.0.html
I'l post pictures once I get them all installed.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score

Your car is pretty sweet. If it were me, If you would change the rims to something with a chrome lip. it would be even doper.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

you'll like the cluster with those LED's in there.

Nice work on your car so far :)

OP
OP
N

Nickisa0

Reaction score

I found the front bumper & lip I'd like to put on the car, I just need help identifying it... Can any of you help?
Also are the headlights in this picture the same as these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-98-FORD-MUSTANG-HEADLIGHTS-CORNER-LIGHTS-SMOK-97-96_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem53daaf41e2QQitemZ360151204322QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
ajp5a9.jpg

Thanks guys!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

that's the abc exclusive cobra bumper w/ lip. it is actually one piece.

OP
OP
N

Nickisa0

Reaction score

DFG_Pimpin said:

Where can I order it at?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

abcexclusive.com

OP
OP
N

Nickisa0

Reaction score

DFG_Pimpin said:

Thanks, I found where I can order it from... http://www.abcexclusive.com/bumpers_main.htm
Does anyone else sell it cheaper?
(I was in the middle of editing my first post when you made this one)
abcexclusive.com
[/quote]

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

they make it so I don't think so.
good choice :)

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score

ahh i see you made your way from tamparacing! welcome man..

Willis_98GT

Reaction score

Your two tone leather seats are awesome, i've never seen that before.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score

Hey man welcome to the site!
That is an absolutely killer color, love it!

Im up in the upstate so if you ever need anything let me know.

OP
OP
N

Nickisa0

Reaction score

Thanks for all the good words guys. I'm waiting on my LED's and smoked headlights to get here at the moment. I'm wanting to paint the brake calipers, but I'm not sure what color to go with... I was thinking a satin black just to clean then up, or I could do them red to make them pop. Not sure how the red will mesh with the blue body color though. Any input?

Jetsetter

Reaction score

On your odometer, unless you have already sorted it the cogs on the numbers love to break. Since you're taking your cluster out already you'll be able to check for snapped plastic teeth, and replace it if necessary.

OP
OP
N

Nickisa0

Reaction score

Jetsetter said:
On your odometer, unless you have already sorted it the cogs on the numbers love to break. Since you're taking your cluster out already you'll be able to check for snapped plastic teeth, and replace it if necessary.

That was my exact plan, just waiting on the LED's to get here. I'll do it all in one shot!

02GT

Reaction score

nice car man, coming along nicely, cool to see another SC guy in here too!

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score

I will let you know my opinion on the car! I love the exterior color and if you ask me the flames are not bad since they apear to be ghost! the rims need to go! if you are going to keep the black wheel theme I recommend getting the Black/Polished FRstyle wheel's 18x9 for the front and 18x10 for the rear, they would look killer with that blue. I also recommend going with the abc/cobra+lip bumper or getting an oem style cobra bumper. I am also not a big fan of the interior trim pieces painted blue! I think they clash with the interior of the car and take away from your eye catching seats, I say get black trim pieces for the car so as to bring out the black and grey theme inside the car. 50resto.com also sells a nice replacement steering wheel fr500 style to be exact! it costs about $150 and is leather wrapped! it would improve the look of the driver side a bit since you have a black back already it will look great! some nice side scoops and a saleen rear spoiler would complete the package and you would have a bad ass car! also I would go with a mac catback with the 3.5 polished tips! turn down mufflers are for race cars ;)

FR500_Black_Deep.gif

94mbround.jpg

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score

sweet man get some power under that thing and get it to the track get some numbers, i have a steeda tri ax shifter i dont mind it but i really like the mgw's thoes are a good pice

OP
OP
N

Nickisa0

Reaction score

I had my girlfriend swapping my dome lights to LED's and she says "while I was backing the screws out the dome light went off" and since then I haven't been able to get them to come back on. I tried swapping back to the regular bulbs and it didn't change a thing. I figured I would just deal with it and fix it later. I went to install LED's into my HVAC panel and realized I didn't have my torx wrench with me. So I reassembled everything and started the car and drove home. On my way back home I immediately noticed my aftermarket cd player and speedometer were nolonger working. I was instantly frustrated, when I got home I tore back into my dash to see if wires were messed up. I search for a good 30minutes and couldn't find anything wrong with my wiring. Then I went ahead & installed LED's into my gauge cluster, it went smoothly. I put it all back together and then I noticed that my tach nolonger worked... Now I noticed that my unlock/lock buttons, power mirrors, door chime, keyless entry, remote trunk release nolonger work. When I press the "unlock" button in the inside of the car my signal lights come on.

List of what isn't working:
Aftermarket cd player
Dome light/map lights
Speedometer
Tach
Unlock/lock buttons
Mirror buttons
Keyless entry
Remote trunk release
Door chime

I have no clue what's going on here, I just know everything worked perfectly up till an hour ago! Where do I start? I checked the fuses and they all came back to be fine. So what do I do now?! For reference I have a 1998 Mustang GT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online