Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
No worries man this is good information. You are really making me tempted to look into it. I really gotta focus on getting the essentials still though. I need a new radiator and clutch yet lol.

You wanting to do anything fancy with the radiator or are you going stock replacement?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
You wanting to do anything fancy with the radiator or are you going stock replacement?

Probably factory replacement. Wont be making enough power to see the benefits of an aftermarket unit. My 00gt made just over 500rwhp and did fine on the factory cooling system lol

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Well gear install was a complete success. Everything went smootley. Backlash is in spec and everything looks good.

2SRRCDn.jpg

My K-memember/springs perches and MAC longtubes have arrived!

de4N1VC.jpg

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Mmm, L/T headers...

Glad the gears went in smoothly. Let us know what you think once you get some seat time with your new toys installed.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Mmm, L/T headers...

Glad the gears went in smoothly. Let us know what you think once you get some seat time with your new toys installed.

Just the gears alone should maka a huge different. This thing with the factory 2.73 and npi engine was such a dog. Had to downshift going up hills down the highway.... lol

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Was able to work on the mustang a bit lastnight. Started putting all the engine gaskets on the new engine. I have so much more I gotta do but my propane heater cant quite keep up with these Iowa negative windchills. Hoping for a bit warmer weather so I can get some stuff done.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Fought the cold over the weekend and finished up the engine. All new gaskets installed pulleys installed and torqued to spec. Also got my longtubes put on. Next step is to start intalling all the new suspension.

As you can see in the pics we were doing some work on my budies 94 teal 5.0. Full bolton / TF head and cam kit.

qHH1ZE0.jpg

APqnlHk.jpg

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
The garage full of Mustangs is a great pic. Which K member did you get?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
The garage full of Mustangs is a great pic. Which K member did you get?

Haha yeah would love to have a couple more, I sitll have an empty bay on the other side of the shop :)..... I got a UPR k-member with spring perches, going to use my factory A-arms.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Tonight I got the 8.8 installed and the upper and lower put on. Was able to clean up the trans aswell. Next step is to get my B-springs and new shocks in and will begin the tear down of the factory k-member and front suspension.

Pek0ToG.jpg

sPVkhqo.jpg

WM7JTiC.jpg

TdAdsKw.jpg

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Alright well temps here in Iowa look to be shaping up over the weekend and next week meaning more stuff will be getting done with the stang. Hopefully I will get the front suspension all installed this weeked and then the engine will be going in next week. Im pretty close to getting this thing completed. Last things on the list to get is.......

RedMonster - COP conversion kit
O2 Sensor extensions for my longtubes
SVE drag wheels and tires
Various fluids for the engine

I can smell the exhaust fumes already :)

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Made some more progress on the mustang this week. Finally finished off the rear of the car, got the breaks hooked back up with freshley turned rotors. Was able to tear down the front suspension and get my K-member installed along with the steering rack. I was very pleased with the fitment of this k-member... went on very easily. After romoving the stock A-arms it was evident that the ball joints needed replaced so they are off getting swapped out. Also finally finished up the interior. I so wish I had a before and after of this because it is a complete transformation lol.

Pek0ToG.jpg

8NkuYqx.jpg

ApTPvLP.jpg

gSr9oVr.jpg

AzF5aRf.jpg

McY4vDY.jpg

3pkC0Nh.jpg

My engine waiting patiently to go into its new home....

ZLjeINU.jpg

Got the load leveler haning out with my hoist. Going to installe the engine/longtubes/transmision and starter all at once so I figured the leveler will help me out a bit.

P25joQu.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.