Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Alright got alot of stuff done this weeked. Got my COP conversion in. I went ahead and installed the new plugs and coil packs. Yesterday I got the engine off the tand and and replaced the rear main seal along with a new Pilot bearing. Got the dust shield, flywheel and clutch all put together. i will let the pictures show what happend next...........

All in all I am very happy with the decision I made going with the UPR k-member and Mac Lontubes. The fitment seem very spot on everywhere. I'm also using the blue oval industries solid motor mounts and they fit flat against the k-member perfectly. The only trouble we had was getting the placement of the steering shaft correct. I may end up needing to put a slight dimple in one of the tubes of the header but I wont know tell my first test drive. Things are going together very quick and I'm getting excited to have a mustang to drive this summer. Tonight I am taking my front bumper to have repainted so that will be out of the way. More updates to follow.

Update: - Steering shaft clears just fine :)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Is that a solid trans mount you are running there? Im excited to see how you review all the solid mounts because I want to do them with mine.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Is that a solid trans mount you are running there? Im excited to see how you review all the solid mounts because I want to do them with mine.

No, the bottom portion where the two bolts come down is incased with rubber. Was awfull solid stuff though, I had to pry the two bolts apart to ge them to slide into the crossover mount and it was kind of a pita lol.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
No, the bottom portion where the two bolts come down is incased with rubber. Was awfull solid stuff though, I had to pry the two bolts apart to ge them to slide into the crossover mount and it was kind of a pita lol.

I don't remember if you posted it but where did you get the trans mount?

When do you think this thing is going to get started up? Looks like you are getting pretty close!

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I don't remember if you posted it but where did you get the trans mount?

When do you think this thing is going to get started up? Looks like you are getting pretty close!

Its an anchor mount, I may be switching to the Morroso Solid trans mount since I already have solid motor mounts. Should be ready to fire up this weekend or early next week. I've placed my final order through latemodel to get the remaining things I needed engine and drivetrain wise. O2 sensors, O2 sensor extensions and new clutch line and quadrant. Gotta get my wiring harness hooked back up and fluids topped off with a new serpentine belt.

Really the last thing on my list to buy are some new wheels and tires and she should be ready to go.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I got to get the updates rolling again on this thing. I've been slowly working on the stang getting a few odds and ends together. Bolted the driveshaft up, filled the trans with fluid and got my B&M Ripper shifter on. Started puting the wiring harness back together. I had to make a bracket to hold the power steering reservoir as I didnt want to reuse the huge bracket the NPI engine used that also housed the coil pack on the driver side as I had already went to coil on plug. The heater core hoses towards the back of the engine gave me some trouble as they were a little differnt lenghts than the NPI engine used. I just bent and cut a few things and I think I got a pretty good fit now. Tonight I plan to install the radiator and fan, top off the engine with all its fluids and if I have time start getting the front suspension installed.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Very cool!

So we will have a running video tomorrow, say................around noon time? Yeah, that sounds good. I'll be looking forward to it lol.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
More progress, engine bay is starting to come together. Worked on getting the rest of the wiring harness and vac lines hooked up. Also got my radiator installed. The Airade intake looks great had to tweak it a little bit to work on the the 96/98 wiring harness. Tonight I plan on buttoning everything up. Get some oil in the engine and top off the antifreeze and maybe I can get it to fire tonight :) After I'm assured the engine is running smoothley I plan on doing somthing with the wiring mess under the hood, Wire tuck and battery relocation. Stuff alway takes longer than expected but I would also like to be able to finish my front suspension tonight aswell.

Heres the final shot of the interior with my B&M ripper STS installed and steeda knob....

YTa8eYo.jpg

I92LhYb.jpg

2FcSYJm.jpg

FlrzanE.jpg

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Hey! Alright! Good job man, I'm glad to see it running!

Thanks, seems to be running very well. I have a few oil leaks coming out of the valve covers though??? Not sure why as I have brand new felpro gaskets on them. I'm wondering if I should have put some silicone maker on them as I didnt use any just the gaskets.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Thanks, seems to be running very well. I have a few oil leaks coming out of the valve covers though??? Not sure why as I have brand new felpro gaskets on them. I'm wondering if I should have put some silicone maker on them as I didnt use any just the gaskets.

Where is the leak coming from? I always put some rtv on the cam cover surface where the split line is between the timing cover and the head. If your leak is up front I would say that could be the issue.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Where is the leak coming from? I always put some rtv on the cam cover surface where the split line is between the timing cover and the head. If your leak is up front I would say that could be the issue.

Its weird, I have one leak coming from the very back driver side valve cover, one coming from the mid section of the driver side valve cover and another one on the front side of the passenger valve cover. I was too tired to really look at it but I may just end up taking both off and using a good bead of silcone aswell as the gaskets.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thats odd. The seals and valve covers design virtually eliminate leaks possible. Definitely retrack the covers! Something goofy there

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Thats odd. The seals and valve covers design virtually eliminate leaks possible. Definitely retrack the covers! Something goofy there

Yup I think I got it figured out and fixed. Replaced the bolt seals and everything seems good now. Went to test fit my x-pipe I purchased used thinking it was a lethal performance x-pipe meant for the mac longtubes, unfortunately it isnt even close to lining up. Thinking I might try an exhaust shop out and see if they can modify it to fit. Otherwise I will have to break down and buy a brand new one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online