Nitto NT555's on my GT?

drifts14x

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I've been researching some tire options for my 17's and I've seen a million different tires (seeing as I work at Sears Auto) that I want, but I'm considering a few b/c of their performance to price ratio. I've been looking into Nitto NT555's and I'm getting some seriously mixed reviews, some people love them, some people hate them passionately, I need to know from the SN95 boards if I should consider them. I do mostly daily driving, I need good wet traction (don't we all), and I need them not to be so loud that I can hear them over my exhaust. My car is in my sig, tell me how you think they'll work.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well all I have run on the back of all my rides for the last 5 or 6 years have been BFG DR's so I cant speak from a user stand point on the NT's but I do know several guys that run them. I have not heard any complains on the performance of them from wet or dry traction, wear, or handling. Every one that I know is happy with them and is satisfied with the way they perform. Your doing it for a DD car that I guess sees a lot of Highway miles to and from work so you don't want DR's on your car, I think the Nittos would be a good choice for a performance tire that will both hook and provide a good/safe ride in poor weather conditions. ;)

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I got the nitto 555 extremes on my cobra, 255/40/17 in the front, 275/40/17 in the rear and they do a great job. In dry weather they are insane, I got to rev up to 3500rpm's and drop the clutch to smoke em, they stick like hell. Wet, they are good as well, just be careful not to be an idiot, I spun out twice with them trying to see how far I can push them in the rain. So my opinion is go for them.

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
get the nittos you will b fine.. just as long as you don't go w/ the radial you'll b fine in the rain

blackstangs281

Reaction score
Just put the Nitto's on mine. I really like them.............much better than the goodyears

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I had 555s (not drag radial) on my car before switching to BFG DRs. I thought they were a well-rounded street tire, provided you're in dry weather. (I live in Phoenix so it's not really a concern.)

Paul.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
also dont forget to look into bfg kdw's. they are similar to the 555's. supposedly the nittos last longer but the bfgs have better traction. i am very pleased with my bfgs they are a great tire

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
When i bought my car it had 555s on it and they seemed to dryrot and loose their performance very quickly, based on what I saw I would not buy them again. For my new rims i'm going with the BF Goodrich KDW2s :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online