Odometer not working

98BlackGT

Reaction score
Alright so my odometer and trip meter stopped working as I figured it would eventually. Anyway I bought the LMR kit to fix it. Installed it and it's still not working. I watched their video on install and I followed all the steps so I don't think I installed it wrong. Would there be anything else that would cause the Meters to still not work? Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
Maybe the little motor itself stopped working. Unfortuneately youll need to take it apart again to inspect everything.

OP
OP
98BlackGT

98BlackGT

Reaction score
Maybe the little motor itself stopped working. Unfortuneately youll need to take it apart again to inspect everything.

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't think of that motor going. Is there anyway to be 100 percent sure it's the motor? I'm thinking of calling LMR to try and get my money back.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
if you did the kit, then it is the motor. my motor went out already too. I picked up a couple at the you pick it boneyard so i have some spares just in case. course that is assuming that it is your signature car..a 98 as the 99 and up are electronic and so don't take the motor.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Im not sure you would test it. Maybe take a 9v battery and some wire and apply it to the motor and see if it does anything.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I would keep your kit as those parts wear out also pretty bad. it is worth having the new gears.

cobrazilla

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I replaced the gears and it still does not work. Where can I get that motor?

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I replaced the gears and it still does not work. Where can I get that motor?

to my knowledge....only at the boneyard. I have gone out there and got a couple of them to have as spares.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Junkyard is it. Nobody has ever made replacements for some reason.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online