Okay Guys... Think Budget

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Heres the deal, basically I have little money. Im a college student and I cannot afford anything huge for my car.... I wanted to do small things (Like Head and Intake swap) but I need to get a bang for buck effect... Any advise would be extremely appreciated.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i, too, am a college student looking to make my car faster on a limited budget. not so sure about heads and intakes for 5.0 because i never really looked in to it. some of the mods that i've heard have the most bang for the buck are gears and nitrous. i looked into both of these options. for gears all said and done is about $500. thats $160 for the rack and pinion, $75 for the bearing kit, and around $250 for labor. the rest is the cost for fluids and the such. another option i have looked into is nitrous. i found a NX wet kit for around $600 for the kit itself. with a 75 shot, it has been said you can spray safely without a tune. from just doing research and reading around, it seems that these two mods are the best bang for the buck. to me, $500 still sounds like a lot but im not sure just what kind fo budget you are on

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
your on a budget? be glad you dont have a modular stang :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

try to find deals on used parts on ebay is what I would do with little cash :)

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
your on a budget? be glad you dont have a modular stang :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

try to find deals on used parts on ebay is what I would do with little cash :)

^^^ that aint no shit. i look through the summit catalog for things for my car and i find an intake or a set of heads for cheap and i'm like damn right!!! then i realize its for a 5.0 and that the 4.6 heads are twice as much :mad:

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I am lucky i found my car with low miles etc etc... But what do you think about a Cobra intake with perhaps GT40P heads? I AM NOT going GT40X... Id go trick flow or AFR before that, but that's besides the point... Would I see a good difference?? Also, I already have 4.10's in the rear and yeah, its bang for the buck factor is great! Read my Sig and see what I have.... from there Lemmie know what else I could benefit from.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I am lucky i found my car with low miles etc etc... But what do you think about a Cobra intake with perhaps GT40P heads? I AM NOT going GT40X... Id go trick flow or AFR before that, but that's besides the point... Would I see a good difference?? Also, I already have 4.10's in the rear and yeah, its bang for the buck factor is great! Read my Sig and see what I have.... from there Lemmie know what else I could benefit from.
Yeah there is a big difference between GT40P and an Aluminum head. Also with the GT40P's you will need a different type of headers. A GT40/Cobra intake is a very good intake. Also you have to realize that the GT40P are also a iron head which means about 60-70 lbs more weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online