Point_Oh’s 1994 GT Convertible - Phase One: Restoration

OP
OP
Point_Oh

Point_Oh

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
I've got everything on except the side scoops and the front bumper. Now I'm just waiting for it to get dark so I can dial in the head and fog lights.

Heres a shot of the backend
MyMustang.BackEnd.jpg

Bad news is that there are some spots that are in need of some serious attention. Both door jams and the front of the hood need to be resprayed as coverage is light or just F'd.

So close, yet so far...

OP
OP
Point_Oh

Point_Oh

Reaction score
Front bumper and side scoops are on. (pay no attention to the rims. new one are on the way)

MyMustang.95.Done.jpg

Here a shot of some of the paint issues I'm having. Its a close up of the hood

MyMustang.BadPaint.03.jpg

You can see the pealing and lack of coverage.

Only things that are left on the exterior are the mirrors, window / top trim (I'm painting them myself) and the radio antenna.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Man, paint looks killer! I bet those little imperfections are still nagging you though. Especially after the wait for completion. Looks excellent though!

OP
OP
Point_Oh

Point_Oh

Reaction score
Looks niiiiccce man, now more lowwww

Way ahead of you. I still have a few odds and ends of Phase One to complete but the altitude is the first thing to get addressed in Phase Two.

MyMustang.PhaseTwo.jpg

Man, paint looks killer! I bet those little imperfections are still nagging you though. Especially after the wait for completion. Looks excellent though!

It’s like I’ve got ants crawling under my skin!
Here’s a shot of the drivers rocker. I didn’t notice it until I put the side skirt on but the lack of coverage really stands out now. The passenger side and both scoops look the same.

MyMustang.BadPaint.01.jpg

Don’t get me wrong, outside those spots, the car looks amazing!

Nighttrain

Reaction score

Way ahead of you. I still have a few odds and ends of Phase One to complete but the altitude is the first thing to get addressed in Phase Two.

MyMustang.PhaseTwo.jpg

It’s like I’ve got ants crawling under my skin!
Here’s a shot of the drivers rocker. I didn’t notice it until I put the side skirt on but the lack of coverage really stands out now. The passenger side and both scoops look the same.

MyMustang.BadPaint.01.jpg

Don’t get me wrong, outside those spots, the car looks amazing!

Cool, the paint doesnt look horrible and you got a deal on it right? Thats really no excuse, id want my best work to be shown at all times, but most people dont think the same. What r u doing for wheels?

OP
OP
Point_Oh

Point_Oh

Reaction score
Cool, the paint doesnt look horrible and you got a deal on it right? Thats really no excuse, id want my best work to be shown at all times, but most people dont think the same. What r u doing for wheels?

It's not. The guy does full resto so I assumed that his "good" wouldn't come with the imperfections. I realize that I'm focusing on the parts that are bad.

Rims are going to be some charcoal Saleen replicas (with different center caps). 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back.

SALEEN%20STYLE%20CHARCOAL%20WHEEL.jpg

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I always liked those saleen wheels, either them or fr500s encai(however you spell it) fpr1's i think.....the ones ferocious had on his car are my alltime favorites but they be $$!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Nice work! Car looks great! I wished mine looked half as good this one does!

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of laser red but your car is an exception. Looks great!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online