Poisoned Pony's 2004 Mach 1 (The Resurrection)

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
Started back up this AM. Old exhaust came out easy, new headers went in easy. Had her all wrapped up by mid-afternoon. Even cleaned up underneath! The beast is loud and pulls like no tomorrow!!! Video's coming soon!

Cpotts13

Reaction score
What brand headers, gaskets, bolts did you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
What brand headers, gaskets, bolts did you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I used BBK headers and x-pipe I got at their warehouse car show last month. OEM Ford gaskets and a mix of the OEM studs and the bolts BBK provided.

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
Quick videos I did for Instagram, working on something better for YouTube

1 gear blast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W74wPO4laoM

Rev up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLBWzcti3-g

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
So yesterday I decided to bolt up the drag radials and go racing. $10 race night, can't beat that even with the heat and humidity (love Florida lol).

I picked up these Mickeys when the Mach was being painted. They had been sitting for awhile and needed a few passes to wake them up. Sadly, my night was cut short courtesy of a coolant leak. The bypass hose came in contact with the crank pulley and had a pinhole leak. I got 3 runs in, with this being the best:

That was my 2nd run. The 3rd I cut a 1.8 60 foot but over revved 2nd and smacked the limited :mad:

Revenge with the 1/4 will come soon!

Tommy92

Reaction score
Hey, you're at M1R also right? Nice run man, can't wait until I take mine out to the track this summer!

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
New rimage. Traded my 17" AFS chromies for 18" FR500s

Fronts: 18x9 black FR500 with 275/35R18 Sumo's

Rear: 18x10 black FR500 with 295/30R18 Toyo R888

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I think those new black FR500s compliment the car perfectly. The chrome 03's just felt out of place. Looks KILLER!! I've been wanting a Mach recently but I won't ever get one.

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
Update time! A picture is worth a lot of words:

since I've purchased the car, I've been dealing with cooling system issues. The latest round revolves around a radiator. I replaced my leaky stocker with an SVE radiator back in July. It featured a lifetime warranty and pretty positive reviews on LRS and seemed like a cost efficient alternative to the factory terminator/mach 1. Everything was fine til September when my car overheated on the way to work. Cooling system was empty, so topped off and pressure tested and what did I find:

a leaky radiator! Called LRS, sent some pics, they sent me a new one and I was back to motoring after a few days

Fast forward to last friday. While commuting in wonderful Orlando traffic, the Mach overheated again. This time it REALLY overheated, thanks fellow commuters. Towed it to work, refilled the cooling system and surprise! Another leak! Called LRS, got angry, they 2nd day air a radiator and a t-shirt to me. Got the new radiator on tuesday, no t-shirt included. Installed the new one, bled the cooling system and tucked her away for my morning commute. Tried to drive it to work yesterday, didn't even make it a mile down the road without the temp shooting up. This time, the Mach was giving me a new sign of trouble: white smoke from the tail-pipe and scent of burning coolant. Awesome. I'm 99% sure the head gasket went when she overheated last friday. Thanks to a good friend, I'm borrowing his '97 V6 while I pull the Mach's motor to check things over and hope it's just a head gasket.

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Damn dude that really sucks. So don't get a radiator from late model is that the moral of this story? Good luck getting her back on the road man.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
DAMN! All that time and work that has been in this thing just to be taken off the road because of a radiator that had been replaced twice! That's no good man, good luck getting it back up and running.