Post Up Your Audio System

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
duh09 said:
Just found this. My system is being a little wonkers lately, but at the moment I have a pretty basic setup.

Kenwood Headunit, can't remember the name but its a really nice headunit. Lots of adjustability, expansion, etc, plus it is a very clean unit, doesn't looke to gawdy and matches the blue LEDs amazingly.
Memphis Audio Power Reference Oversized 6.5" Front Coaxials
Memphis Audio Power Refrence 6x9" Rear Coaxials
Off-brand schitty 4-ch 1000W Amp.

I'm planning on going through the wiring and finding out what the deal is with my crap. Occasionally it works, occasionally it doesn't. The Amp goes into protect mode off and on and its really bizarre. Guessing thats what happens when you buy crap stuff, but still. I've thought about throwing one of my 12" Sony Xplods back into it but I'd need to run bigger wires for dual amps and all that nonsense and I don't know if it'll get done.

sounds like a bad ground or remote wire to me.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Checked them both first thing as I've had issues with them before. I've just got to pull the rear seats and trunk panels and go through everything. Funny thing is, it started working again last night, works fine now. Stupid...

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
it could even be one of the fuses on the amp is not pushed in the whole way, that's what happened to me before.

Pshull727

Reaction score
I work for a car audio shop and im slowly getting my car done i have not been able to work on it in a few weeks i need to order some neew fans and get my amp cover and box cover done and install and im building a trunk cover with a 7" screen in it. I have also rewarped all the panels in the trunk in black carpet and roadkilled the wheel wells. This is a list of what im running right now more then most ppl would need i hit 135.7 db on the meter so its not to bad.

Pioneer 5700dvd Flip out with ipod control
Pioneer 12 disc CD changer
Phoenix gold 5ch Amp
Image Dynamics ctx65cs up front
Image Dynamics ctx57 in the rear
AudioControl Epicenter
Spare battery
220 Amp alt

These are some older pics i will get some better ones if someone wants to see more.
DSC02240.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

hcjerry

Reaction score
Seeing all these makes me miss having a stereo that was worth listenting to. Really digging the image dynamics phoenix gold combo. In the next couple weeks or so I plan on mutting osme subs in my stang. Putting in two JL 10 W3s powered by a zapco amp, just gotta build a box to fit under the amp rack for the Mach 460 stuff until I can replace all that with a good 4 channel amp and better speakers. I'll try and post some pics when I get it all up and running.

Passenger

Reaction score
I've got some old crappy Clarion headunit, old crappy Pioneer rear deck speakers, factory front speakers with one of them completely blown. Needless to say it sounds like shit

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
before i got the mustang i had a 96 eclipse i had 4 12"jl w3v2 with an infinty 1211a amp infity refrence componet with a 4 chanel infinity amp. panasonic head unit.two monster caps a optima yellow top just for the amps. hit 136dbs.all done by me. wish i had pics. bought the mustang gave my sis the eclipse she wrecked it. sold my brother the system for 300 and a jl 500/1 amp. we put it on his escalade ext not quite finished but ill get some pics later.

Dysfunction

Reaction score
Didn't even know this section was here.. lol

Anywho audio was the first thing I did to my stang because well, I can't stand not being able to hear my music over road noise and wind on the highway. And stock was baaaaaad.

Headunit : My headunit is some really old pioneer i've had since I was 16, was in my first car and swapped it into this one. It sucks but gets the job done still 8 years later. Kinda wish it'd stop working so I could justify getting a new one.

Speakers : Kickers all around. KS Series 6.5" components up front with DS series 6x8s in the rear. I was actually really skeptical of how kickers regular speakers would sound, and I have not been disappointed. I don't hear about many people using their components and coaxial's. I highly recommend em now.

Amps : Once again some old stuff that still works beautifully that i've seen no need to replace.
Sub amp is an old Sony Xplode Monoblock amp throwing 600watts to my L7, it's under it's RMS and will still hurt your head. I really don't like sony amps, but this thing has been with me since I was 16-17 as well. Until she dies for some reason she's gonna stay.
Speaker amp is an older 4 Channel Pheonix Gold. God knows what model. PG is good shit.

Sub : 12" Kicker SoloBaric L7.

Wiring : All KnuKonceptz. 1/0 Gauge to the back, then a 4 and an 8 to the respective amps from a distribution box.

Nothing fancy really, but damn it sounds good.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Stock Mach 460. Sounds good enough for me. I do plan on eventually getting a different head unit. Having a head unit and a cd player is a waste of space IMO.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Cool Man. Im in the process of a small overhaul. I grabbed some Kicker QS Series for my fronts and I want to try and do something cool for my sub and amps.........

joekd

Reaction score
Used to really be into audio (0 ga wiring, cap, mono block, dual 12" etc) now I am getting older and just want a nice clean sound

current setup
P1010786.jpg

Panasonic CQ-DFX983U head unit, Sirius Sportster (mainly so I can undock it from the car and plug into dock in garage)

Front speakers - Infinity Reference 6830cs 6" x 8" 2-way components, mounted the tweeters inside the OEM mach pods

Rear speakers - Infinity Reference 6832cf 6" X 8" 2-ways

Right now all speakers run off head unit power (ran all new wire bypassing factory MACH) but will soon be looking into a 4-ch amp and possibly adding a small subwoofer, currently leaning toward Infinity Basslink to try and keep as much of the tiny convertible trunk as possible

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
I kept mine simple, and cheap lol. I have an Alpine Head unit, stock Mach 460 speakers(sound great to me!), 450w Alpine MonoBlock and a 10" comp. kicker sub, got the sub for free from my brother, cost him something stupid like $500 awhile ago. This is the only picture I have of the deck, no pic of the woofer though.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Honestly without the car being in my possession right now, I can't remember the model number off hand. I know it can be hooked up to satellite radio, has ipod hook-up but needs a cable to work, and it is MP3/CD compatible. Bought it a few years back so it's probably outdated, but sounds good to me and I hear my engine over my stereo usually anyways lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online