Power vs Traction (video)

GDawg

Reaction score
Want to see what it's like to have extra power and no traction?

I raced this guy in a N/A pony. He had slicks. He's in the far lane with the black top and I'm in the near lane with the white top.

I was sleeping at the light cause I got distracted by the crew member looking into my passenger window.

I sucked on my 60' time but once I hooked up, I ran him down and was doing a full 10mph faster than him going over the finish line.

I don't want to discuss my times at this point. I not only have no traction but I suck at shifting even with my MGW and I'm at 6,000 ft above sea level.

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3086873020030067364aXwuxL

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Learning to drive is hard to do with a blower and even harder with yours because yours is an instant 9lbs. But try riding your clutch coming off the line instead of dumping it.

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
Learning to drive is hard to do with a blower and even harder with yours because yours is an instant 9lbs. But try riding your clutch coming off the line instead of dumping it.

I tried that this last race but came in with slower times. I'll post up those videos next week. I need ET Drag Radials with me dumping that clutch. My best times are when I just go for it.

Everyone that beats me had slower mph and ET. I'm going to kick some ass and take some names here soon. Most my bros say I should be running 2 seconds faster.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
If you don't want to post, then pm me what the time slip looks like, (60, 330, 660, 1000, 1320ft. with mph) and let me see if I can help to find where the problem is.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Get that biatch to hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O0

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you did hook, you wouldnt have trapped 10 MPH over him...probably like 7-8 at the most. so you really cant compare trap speeds.

9psi 98

Reaction score
What gears are you running out back? The highest I'd dare go with my car is 3.55 and I have a 9 psi roots blower. My last NA car had problems hooking with 3.73's. There would be no way that I'd put them in this SC car, waaaaay too much torque for that.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
What gears are you running out back? The highest I'd dare go with my car is 3.55 and I have a 9 psi roots blower. My last NA car had problems hooking with 3.73's. There would be no way that I'd put them in this SC car, waaaaay too much torque for that.

I'm makin a bit of torque . . . and I run 4.30s. :banana:

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
I'll post my slip tonight.

I have 3.27 gears that were the stock option.

I've tried launching at lower rpms. I've tried lowering air pressure in my tires. I've done a serious burn out outside of the water box. My best time was with me just dumping the clutch and riding it out. Time for some ET Drag Radials and I'm going to raise my car a bit for better weight transfer.

ripper

Reaction score
Street rubber and burnouts dont go together. The compound actually makes marbles on your tires and you spin more. If he is running slicks with a stock rear he will be doing the rear soon LOL.

9psi 98

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
9psi 98 said:

Comparing apples to oranges between our two cars. You might as well have compared this guy's car to a Lotus. With sticky slicks and some obvious drag racing suspension mods that you have you can afford to run 4.30's. I'd just sit there and spin through 4th if I did that, but I can take a corner that your car would go flying straight into the woods on with those tiny front tires, locked rear diff, and loose or missing sway bar. I'm talking about MOST mustangs that are built to do things other than go in a straight line. Your car is nice though :behind:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
dont lower your tire presure below like 25. your springs are killing your 60' for sure, eibach drag springs are even stockers would help you in that department.

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
Prepare to break stuff if you hook real hard on et drag radials(tranny, axles, you get the idea). Nitto's are a nice compromise if you aren't ready to start breaking stuff.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
TRUUBLE said:
9psi 98 said:

Comparing apples to oranges between our two cars. You might as well have compared this guy's car to a Lotus. With sticky slicks and some obvious drag racing suspension mods that you have you can afford to run 4.30's. I'd just sit there and spin through 4th if I did that, but I can take a corner that your car would go flying straight into the woods on with those tiny front tires, locked rear diff, and loose or missing sway bar. I'm talking about MOST mustangs that are built to do things other than go in a straight line. Your car is nice though :behind:

My car is basically a stock suspension car with a Detroit Locker in an 8.8 rear end. Your car could hook like mine does with minimal work.

And . .my front tires are 28s . . prolly taller than yours. ;)

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
Here's my time slip from Test and Tune. It's my best run. And I spun completely through 1st and 2nd.

Btw, I'm on the left. Car #756

So you really think I should get Nittos to start with and not Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials???

besttime1.gif

9psi 98

Reaction score
Oh my GOD, what were you racing against a minivan that left it's parking brake on?

A 20.3 @ 46.3 mph in the 1/4..... :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
Oh my GOD, what were you racing against a minivan that left it's parking brake on?

A 20.3 @ 46.3 mph in the 1/4..... :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

On Edit: Wait... it wasn't the Hummer. It was the "Mary Kay" ricer. He got off of it right away. Maybe his nitrous was turned off... ;D

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3083520120030067364vssZvq

It was Test and Tune.

And "HEY!" if we were at sea level he would have been in the 19s!!! :bunny3:

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Don't launch at all just ease into it and you'll get a lot better times and mph. Since you are spinning so bad you not getting any power to the ground. Just actlike your leaving a red light.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.