Power vs Traction (video)

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
Put slicks on it and launch it at 5000rpm if you aren't afraid of replacing the tranny and axles.

ripper

Reaction score
Put some slicks to that KB. You want to put a TruTrac in there anyhows dont ya? :hammer:

BFG G force drag radials. They get plenty sticky and there is enough tread to break loose if you dump it too hard.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
GDawg said:
Here's my time slip from Test and Tune. It's my best run. And I spun completely through 1st and 2nd.

Btw, I'm on the left. Car #756

So you really think I should get Nittos to start with and not Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials???

besttime1.gif

I used to cut 60 foot times in the low 1.7s on Nittos when my car was still a daily driver (with a blown 331). BUT . . I did break an axle.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
The weakest link is what is going to break. Instead of putting on tires to help, just practice driving. When you drive it on the street on street tires you dont want a honda showing you up. Trust me it just takes time and practice.

9psi 98

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
The weakest link is what is going to break. Instead of putting on tires to help, just practice driving. When you drive it on the street on street tires you dont want a honda showing you up. Trust me it just takes time and practice.

+1 on this. Just find your car's friction point for the clutch first, and then you'll have to find out whether you can launch or not. It sounds like you can't with your setup, so you'll have to slip your clutch a little by letting it out slower. Once you get your clutch figured out, then you'll have to find out just how much you can get on it before the tires break free. Don't expect to "shock" your tires off the line like a car with slicks. You have a stiff sidewall and there's no "give" to the tire at all.

LI98GT

Reaction score
buddy of mine cut 2 seconds off his time in his S/C new edge stang borrowing a set of DRs (MT ET DRs) just in a matter of a few runs. You've got a lot more time in that car with some more practice and better grip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.