Project: POS

Reaction score
so i havent really posted in a while and thought i would give you a little update. For those who dont know this is the POS

IMG_0006.jpg

DSCI0093.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

DSCI0094.jpg

as you can see i have my work cut out for me. The goal for the car is to have a lightweight, stock motor car that can run 12's in the 1/4. Now to the good stuff. Here are some parts ive had for a little while.

Diamond Factory stock pistons .040 over
DSCI0015.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

Kirkey aluminum drag seats
DSCI0436.jpg

Strange 33spline spool
DSCI0437.jpg

For shits and giggles
DSCI0440.jpg

Flaming River manual rack and steering shaft
DSCI0022-2.jpg

DSCI0023-3.jpg

Fiberglass trunk lid
DSCI0103.jpg

DSCI0105.jpg

DSCI0106.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now originally the car was suppose to be getting a 4v mod swap done to it
4v motor
DSCI0022.jpg

03 cobra heads
DSCI1319.jpg

i also had a set of 97 cobra cams to go along with it. However i lost my job and had to sell everything that related to my mod motor swap. now everything is good and the money i had saved up i decided to start buying parts again and decided i was wanting to go the 5.0 route so i like i said i starting picking up some parts

Stock heads
DSCI0107.jpg

Racecraft C/C plates
DSCI0100.jpg

Racecraft Bump steer kit
DSCI0101.jpg

Racecraft 2in drop spindles
DSCI0102.jpg

Team Z k-member kit
DSCI0093.jpg

DSCI0094.jpg

1in shorter a-arms
DSCI0095.jpg

Coilovers 12in 150lbs springs
IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

3/4 drop solid motor mounts
DSCI0093-0.jpg

Strange front struts
DSCI0094-1.jpg

Strange Front Brakes
DSCI0096-2.jpg

DSCI00995.jpg

DSCI0100-3.jpg

DSCI0101-4.jpg

My secret weapon :D
DSCI0093-1.jpg

DSCI0095-1.jpg

DSCI0096.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New wheels
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

I know it still looks bad but at least now it can roll haha. That was all pretty much one shopping spree.

Then i started on the rear of the car.

Team Z rear suspension kit
rearsuspension.jpg

rearsuspension4.jpg

New hood
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Now at this point i was just needing to get the interior pulled out, seats, and the sound deadening the car is heading to the fab shop for through the floor subframe connectors, torque boxes welded up. and a chromoly tubular support

Strange rear shocks
DSCI0001.jpg

Torque link
DSCI0002.jpg

Vic jr intake
DSCI0003.jpg

Then one of my friends told me if i helped him clean up his garage then he would help me start tearing into the car. we got the garage cleaned out and just waiting for the day our schedules work so we can get my car over there.

on the way over there
Dfull.jpg

Dfull2.jpg

Pics of recent parts
9in ends
9inends.jpg

Aluminum radiator
aluminumradiator.jpg

4.10s
lightented410s.jpg

lightened410s2.jpg

Moser 33spline axles
moseraxles.jpg

moseraxles2.jpg

Strange rear brakes
rearbrake2.jpg

rearbrake.jpg

New lugnuts
billetlugnuts.jpg

billetlugnuts.jpg

so now im ready to work on the car just gotta get with my friend to see when we can get it on the trailer

switch96

Reaction score
I would go crazy with all those shiny parts still in the box. Bet your excited!

Now get to it!!

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
My brother and I got some more down tonight. i got to really think him for all the help and jon for letting me use his garage

k-membergone.jpg

junkpile.jpg

i got some more bad news tonight. apparently when i was living at my moms and the car was sitting in the grass it started to take its toll. we also found some rusting starting in the drivers side quarter panel
cancer.jpg

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
my brother and I got some more work done. we also borrowed my buddies rims

k-memberin.jpg

5lug.jpg

we were trying to get an idea of how low it is so we propped the front end on
frontendproppedon.jpg

notice the wheel gap? it dont even have a motor in it yet
lowered.jpg

97GT4.6

Reaction score
looks like its going to be alot of work.. but its got a lot of potential!

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
well the rear end is dropped off and getting assembled. the way they were talking it will be completed sometime next week.
its getting:

9in ends
axle tubes welded
strange rear end cover
strange rear end pinion
strange 33spline spool
strange 5/8 stud kit
moser 33spline axles
4.10s gears

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Subscribed. Keep up the good work bro!

thanks. i was going to try and start working on the interior tonight but with the good rain we had my friends garage saw about 3inches of water

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Man that sucks about the water! Well, for what it's worth, my car in my avatar started out just about like this one of yours, it took me many years and a lot of $$ to get it finally where it is today. It at least had some black paint on it that was kind of well not really shiney. lol. You have thought this out long and hard and bought some good parts, let's see it get together and go down the 1/4!

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
NXcoupe said:
Man that sucks about the water! Well, for what it's worth, my car in my avatar started out just about like this one of yours, it took me many years and a lot of $$ to get it finally where it is today. It at least had some black paint on it that was kind of well not really shiney. lol. You have thought this out long and hard and bought some good parts, let's see it get together and go down the 1/4!

alot of money is right. the rear end should start coming together pretty fast now after i talked to the guy today. i found a shortblock im hoping to pick up this weekend. this may hold me over with a little spray haha

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Shoot, with mine a little spray turned into a lotta spray! I only run a 94 jet now. Not as much as we were allowed in the old days. But you know, I go faster with less juice, funny how that works, huh? Yeah don't skimp on the rear end. I put mine damn near in the tree at Reading PA when my axle tube broke and twisted around, pulling one slick forward and the other slick towards the rear of the car. sucked.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
did a little bit of wheeling today. so i got the tailights i wanted for the car. my buddy also had a busted shortblock im getting for free so now all i have to do is buy the rods i need for my rotating assembly or find some cheap stock rods one

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
i got the front seats, rear seat, e-brake, and center console arm rest (which is surprisingly heavy), and some of the insulation out tonight. i need to get some of the star sockets to get the rear seat belts pulled out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online