Project '' The Hooker '' *_*_* 7/19/2009

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score
Re: Project '' The Hooker '' Updated 5/2/09

ok, finally we got to work again, been busy with college latley and all. yesterday we made the small step which made us think were all done, lol... no were not.

I installed the trans rubber mount and trans bracket, I also installed the wheels and lowered the car, dam with this suspension she can lick the ground, lifted it around 1.5 inch for better clearance and also for registration. what where gonna do now is clean up the mess in the garage so that we can work in peace and clean. wiring , splicing and all that is the messy step and which will take lots of patience. I dont wana do the work twice so thats why am taking my time.

enjoy yesterdays pics and am gna go head to work on her now ;)

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

amm off now to install the following.

radiator, headers , driveshaft, buttons, shifter, hoses, x-pipe, catback and 50% of the wiring.

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score
Re: Project '' The Hooker '' Updated 5/2/09

well, I didn't finish what I listed for today, as we faced a huge shitty problem which was the headers touching the steering stem on the driver side. so I tried to weld off the stock headers a bit but no use, so I took off the 2v to 3v conversion brackets that I got ( only removed the drivers side ) and reinstalled the stock 05 headers. It fits great without any problems.

After that I installed the driveshaft which also took me an hour, which was the bolts being so freakin hard just for a small wrench. then I went to install the new starter motor whihc wasnt a problem thanks to the K-member being so tiny.

Installed the steering wheel and fixed the steering stem bolts and I also installed a new stock clutch cable. and I noticed that I am having a problem. later after the pics I will tell you about them.

I also got the radiators and compared each other. and I thing I am going to use the stock V6 radiator since the 05 radiator being so damn huge in tthe sn95 body.

installed the headlight buttons, traction and hazard light buttons and the info,setup buttons. yes I feel Like i did something .. haha

ohh yeah.. saw the short shifter laying around and couldn't resist the damn beauty quality, so I installed it and it is great. I had to cut through the body though for the manual trans.

now... to the fun part.. PICTURES..

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

http://
IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

From 6 pm to 11 pm were working and the last meal we had was at 2:pm so we had to take a break.. BK is da bij

IMG_2379.jpg

llol look at the difference in rads..

IMG_2380.jpg

Ok,

the issue I came across is that when I installed the clutch cable and tested out the clutch pedal, its going in but is not coming back alone, now am sorry for being kinda dumb here but am used to the s197s hydraulic clutchs. never owned a cable clutch car before. so let me tell you.. I used a brand new clutch plate, and a brand new flywheel. but the pressure plate is off a 2005 mustang spec stage 1. could the problem be from the clutch plate ?

I hope that tomorrow I find time to install the radiator and all the hoses and then begin working on the fuse box. after the fuse box I'll be installing the pcm which will be under the passenger side fender. once those aer done I will install the steering pump and all that will be left is the exhaust and wiring the car.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: Project '' The Hooker '' Updated 5/16/09

you've been busy. nice work.

you'll love that ccw shifter. I've got the same one.

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score

Well, I worked today for 2 hours being so damn pissed of cuz the clutch doesnt engage properly.. I think the issue is because of the pressure plate which I used off an S197 ( spec stage 2 ). Anyway, I took everything off. Driveshaft, starter, transmission and clutch. gonna get a brand new clutch this week, I think I'm going with Centerforce or Ram clutchs.

The clutch I got from you dalamar doesnt have the same splines as the transmission I have which is stock 2004.

Will keep ypu guys updated.

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score

Guys, I really need help here.

Bought a new clutch along with friction plate from spec stg 2.. I installed everything again.. but the thing is when I try to hit the clutch pedal ( for testing ) the pedal wont come back again. now what could cause this ? I really need help.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I checked with my buddy who runs a shop on your clutch question, if the pedal isn't coming back up, it's probably because of your quadrant. you should replace the stock plastic quadrant with an adjustable (aluminum) one, then you can set the cable slack where it needs to be.

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score

I already have the aluminum quadrant, the problem seems to be from the under side..

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score

YESS SIIR... got the updates ready..

Been working on the car.. facing problems and solving them everyweekend.. been taking pictures too.. the car is 85% almost done.. all that is left is some fittings and some wiring and there you go...

The New clutch.. installed ofcourse

IMG_2389.jpg

We now start the fuel system... here is how it looks right now..

IMG_2431-1.jpg

The pipes and all hoses are installed and the install was not bad except for the rivet gun being a pain in the ass..

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

Dual fuel pipes..

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

They go to each fuel rail.. and from both back sides of fuel rails intot the sides of the regulator and from the underside goes the return pipe.

IMG_2474.jpg

FINALLY

i found some studs....

IMG_2476.jpg

Interior shot so far

IMG_2478.jpg

Trunk installed back ON

IMG_2477.jpg

Someone is mad because the hood is hitting its head.. LOL

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

Mr. intake manifold... have no fear SAUD will make the pain dissapear..

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

This is what happens when u dont wear saftey googles..

IMG_2499.jpg

AT 2 AM

LOL

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

dafizuck

Reaction score

Definitely a sweet build and unique. Read it a few times... thought Id let you know it looks like youre doin good work. Are you going to pick up a new hood??

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score

Yess what you see is just the beggining to start the car.. once it starts, I am going to register it, next step will be heads, cams ,and a T-76 single turbo..

and as for looks.. am going with a Carbon fiber cowl hood and a carbon fiber trunk and a 98 cobra rear bumper and I am still trying to find something nice for the front of the car..

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

nice progress!

do you like the cobra front cover?

do you have any plans to upgrade the front brakes? you may want to put that on your list if your going turbo.
(that will be bad ass) :)

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score

Ahh yess the brakes for sure..

I'll be installing all over STRANGE billet brakes and I will also be deleting the Hydraulic Power Steering and get the whole new rack pinion from flaming river.. heard they are great..

The car will have 0 comfort for sure.. but god help me i will paint brush a ford logo crushing a Chevrolet hehe..

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Tungstenizer_GT said:
The car will have 0 comfort for sure.. but god help me i will paint brush a ford logo crushing a Chevrolet hehe..

Good man, good man! :eek:ccasion14:

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score

Well,, I like the 2001 cobra front cover, But I heard even after the custom install I'd have problems.

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score

Hell YESS BROO..

Installed Front bumper, fuel tank, Fuel pump, Wired the fuel pump, Wired alot of crappy stuff under the dash, cleaned the messy look under the dash, CUSTOM COOLANT RESERVIOR.. lol aluminum made and looks sexy,,, Needs to be mirror polished.. ( No time ).. Some other crap also installed like the engine starter wires, ignition coils, fuel rails ..

THE GOOD NEWS IS..
we installed the battery and we got a response from the gauge cluster and all that.. we didnt start the motor yet we need

Belt
and to figure out the wiring of the steering unit.. I really need to talk to a good electrical dude.. who do u think might help me ?

Thanks.

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
Re: Project '' The Hooker '' _-_-_ 7/17/2009

Man i wish could bro but the type of ellctrical your doing is way over my head, wish i could help out more.. thats bad ass tho that you got life in the computer system so far. good luck man you stang is going to be sick when its done. the car has come a long way from day one of this build

OP
OP
T

Tungstenizer_GT

Reaction score
Re: Project '' The Hooker '' _-_-_ 7/17/2009

Well so far so good, Were waiting on a tune that will dissable all the PATS and security system. I also found out that the ignition fuse was gone so I changed it now the car can turn keys ON. ( Jus tthe accessory lights ).. So i tried to put the xcal 3 to see if there is anyconnection.. yess there is but it wont be able to tune.. there is some other problem with connections.. I'll have to reall go throught every wire I can see and make sure it's grounded perfectly and connected perfectly.

I won't be able to crank the car due to not finding the original powersteering pump, I really don't know where it has gone, Might go to the scrap yard later to see if I can get my hands on one.

we also connected the headlights, dim lights and tail lights.. although there is a problem with the tail lights as we can't seem to connect the signal and brake lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online