Project Venomous

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemen, here is one of the two projects that I am currently working on. I have an 02 GT Convertible that I have not driven in almost three years.

I was looking at getting something that I could drive home and work on while enjoying. I was looking at the a 63-65 Falcon, a Fox Notch, and the 96-98 Cobras. I wanted something under $4k, running, and with a clear title. This was not going to replace the GT convertible I have which is why I wanted something running.

On Halloween, my wife and I went and picked this snake up and brought it home.
IMG_6072_zps1ef2b2af.jpg

A 1996 Cobra that has swapped owners a few times in the past two years. Although I drove it home, it has a few issues. First is that somebody backed into it in a parking lot.
IMG_6069_zps7181ca52.jpg

IMG_6070_zpsbb631a00.jpg

The car at one point was repainted from the factory Crystal White to a Hyperwhite and the stripes added. The car will be getting put back to Crystal White.
IMG_6073_zps2c7fbcf0.jpg

IMG_6074_zps7036e819.jpg

IMG_6076_zpscc15ddde.jpg

The car has over 200k miles on it with just a drop in K&N filter and welded in Flowmasters. So, a fairly stock car.
IMG_6083_zps7545fc03.jpg

The interior is not bad but not good.
IMG_6079_zps6497cfdf.jpg

IMG_6082_zps60a5cb2d.jpg

So, I bet you are wondering what the plans are for this Venomless Cobra. Any Blue Oval Snake should have a bite worthy of its name.

The car will be getting restored to like or better than new quality. The exterior will be fairly stock looking but still look like something evil is lurking.

Stat tuned...

Engine:
Teksid Block
03 Cobra Heads
Eaton Swap

Suspension:
Koni Yellows
Eibach F&R Anti Sway Bars

Exterior:
00 R Boss Inc Hood
Raxiom Taillights
03-04 Cobra Reps

Interior:
03 Cobra Interior Swap

A/V:
Diamond Audio D310s (2)
Diamond Audio D1000.1
Diamond Audio D600.4

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a good start.

Does it have a really bad lean? or is that the pictures or ground? lol

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
I took advantage of Black Friday Deals and ordered a few things for the car. As soon as the weather is a little nicer, I plan on getting some work done.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
[video]http://vid1009.photobucket.com/albums/af212/jlittle523/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.2C981743-E968-4549-9785-179E098CA6EF_zpsduemtaff.mp4[/video]

It's alive! Installed a HFP 320lph Fuel Pump and Motorcraft Filter. The Cobra is once again running. Seemed alot smoother and now check engine light yet for a misfire code or stuck IRMCs. I doubt the pump or filter would have caused that. But, I have seen funnier things. The engine is the untouched, original factory engine with over 204,000 miles. The odometer stopped working and the previous owner is unsure of the correct mileage.

Next project for this is to do a clutch and flywheel change. There is a newer Zoom clutch in the car but the person that changed it put a factory cable in there. I have a new Spec Stage 1 Clutch and going to order a new Spec Aluminum Flywheel and either a MM or Steeda Cable/Adjuster setup. I am going to take it to McVey Performance to have them do the change for me just incase the Pilot Bearing decides to be a prick like it was in my GT. While it is there, I am going to have them do my COP Conversion, install a new Radiator (probably Fluidyne or SVE) unit and change the transmission and rear end fluid. I will also have a compression test done to see where the engine is at.

I know this may sound or seem stupid but, I am going to have them dyno the car before the changes and after.

After that I plan on bringing it home and ordering my K Member, doing the install on it, my suspension components, and I have MAC Ceramic LTs, BBK Catted X (emissions), MAC Pro Chamber (to use regularly), and Borla XR1s for the exhaust upgrade. The LTs are for the C Heads that I will eventually swap on but will put them on the B Heads.

I will again, take it back to have dyno'd and tuned this time. Depending on the resluts of the Compression test, I may have them install my Vortech V1 Si and run low boost until my engine is built.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
F101643203_zpsf099e7df.jpg

Here is the pump I ordered and installed. So far, it has worked good. Although, two miles is not much to give a great review. I do plan on putting the blower on the car fairly soon and seeing just how good this 200k plus mile engine is. I will give details on datalogs once I throw the car on the dyno.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Found out some bad news about the car the other day. It looks as if I have an oil leak from the front timing cover. I put a call in to a shop. More details to follow.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Well, the Christmas Sales were good to the Cobra. Here is what was picked up over the season and some stuff I had already.

Here are the heads that will grace the car. They are off a crate engine and are the 03+ C Heads. They will end up getting a P&P, valve job, custom cams, and PAC Valvesprings.
IMG_6166_zpsa0346635.jpg

Gotta have some good looking wheels for street duty! Although there probably is some dressed in drag days for the car in the future, this is what my wife chose for playing in the streets. SVE Drift 18' staggered wheels.
IMG_6144_zps5f4845d2.jpg

The car will be getting some dietary supplements to try and negate some of the weight that will be gained from the Intercooled setup and the stereo that the car will have. To help stiffen things up once the tubular K Member finds its home, a Stiffler's K Brace.
IMG_6148_zps37d82560.jpg

Some miscellaneous stuff for the car. New COP Covers (will be getting some powdercoat treatment), new plugs, COP Conversion, and Bullitt Pedals.
IMG_6156_zps1b89f0f9.jpg

And when you need something awesome to grab onto when shifting gears! This will make its home attached to the T56 Magnum that will eventually be underneath the car.
IMG_6159_zpsc4b979b3.jpg

Stay tuned as there is more to come.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice buildup of parts! I don't know what id do with myself with all this in my possession. Gonna be a badass car

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Not much has gone on lately, weather is too cold, school full time and work more than full time. I am still hunting down my interior swap stuff. The news I do have is that the wife decided on a color as she is not a fan of white. The interior is getting a Dark Charcoal Swap to the double din setup. Everything is going to be Dark Charcoal, not dyed but actually swapping in the correct pieces. The exterior paint my wife chose is the Night Race Blue from the new Corvette.
https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...=yhs-mozilla-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Sweet man, Id probably sit in my mancave surrounded by my car parts all day long if I had that much.. lol
As I was reading through your thread the 2 things I thought before I finished reading were 1:Hopefully he upgrades the internals in the cobra so the teksid block doesn't get trashed and 2:that paint is going to crap out soon (crystal white). But looks like you have all the bases covered. Very cool!!

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Got some new things in for the Cobra. Ordered and got in some new headlights, FRPP 3.73 gears, MMD hood struts, Eibach Sway Bar Kit, and SR Tailpipes, and Sequential Taillight Kit.

I have yet to decide how I am going to route the exhaust yet. I bought the SR Tailpipes because I will run the exhaust up and over the axle. I am just not certain as to whether I will keep it coming out the back or dump it down and away from the car while trying to keep the piping tucked up and hidden away from sight unless you look under the car.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
As I am excited about getting some work done on my GT Vert Project, I am also excited about working on the Cobra. I was looking today and what I thought was a from timing cover oil leak may be a oil pan gasket leak. Once I get a chance to pressure wash the underside of the car, I will get a better look. Anyways, I ordered some primer, solvent, and Midnight Blue Metallic paint (2005 Ford GT). I will be working on the Dark Charcoal Gray Interior swap and when I get the factory black interior out, I will be painting the interior metal and the dash frame. Depending on how I dom I will be deciding whether I will be painting the underbody Midnight Blue Metallic or go in another direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online