Project Venomous

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Yesterday I made a trip to the salvage yard to see what I could find. I picked up a new trunk lid as the one on the car has a crack and is missing a piece. I am also looking for interior pieces to finish out my Dark Charcoal swap. I started the slow process of taking apart the interior for the clean up, interior metal repaint, and the swap of the interior.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Well here are a few more things that came in FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP Master Install Kit, and Sequential Taillight Harness.
IMG_6274_zpstfwziosn.jpg

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Here is where I have gotten on the strip down of the interior as of last weekend. School and work leave me little time to get house work, remodeling, and car work done.
IMG_6279_zpszfth7oyf.jpg

I am glad that I have exam gloves I re-appropriate from work to be used in the garage.
IMG_6278_zpsvovzntex.jpg

I already have somebody interested in the factory interior. Hopefully I can make a bit of money back.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
All that is left of the interior is the dash, steering wheel, carpet, and driver's seat. Everything else is out. Once I get the last bit out I will start sanding down the interior, mask off what I do not want to paint, and then get so painting the interior. Hopefully, nobody will ever know without looking up the VIN or knowing that Midnight Blue was never a factory color that it was repainted.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Well, the driver's side dash and seat is finally out. The wires are a pain in the ass! I want an all new body harness as the one in the car just looks disgusting. Anyone know id anyone makes them anymore? Oh, and pulling the carpeting is going to be a nightmare! There backing on the carpeting is home to a colony of ants. So, before I start sanding the interior I will be bombing the car.
IMG_6285_zpsc2ixmqlz.jpg

On to the fun, I have almost my entire interior upgrade. I told you guys I do not mess around. I have from a 01+, Dark Charcoal dash, door panels, door cups, rear side panels, a pillars, quarter window panels, center console, door sill covers, knee pad, kick panels, steering wheel, and steering wheel panels. I need to find a Dark Charcoal Cobra Airbag; the wheel itself is going to be sent off for some customizing. I need to get the rear deck tray, rear head rest, headliner, and sunvisors.
IMG_6283_zpstui4ypm8.jpg

Also, fun times... My wife and I went to eat the other night as we go out every other week and usually try a new place. We were having drinks after dinner, watching some baseball, and talking about the house remodel projects, the cars, and our next vacation. We were given the opportunity to pick up a 64 1/2 Mustang really cheap that needs lots of work. It would be her car so the decision was hers. Well, she had seen a 72 Datsun 240Z at a cruise we went to and has decided that she wants to get a Datsun 240Z to restore. Plans are to find a SR20DET to swap in, exhaust, intake, intercooler upgrade, and maybe a small turbo upgrade (something a little more efficient) to make about 300ish rwhp. We also decided to go with a 99-04 rear axle housing in the Cobra and to go for broke and skip the V7 JT in favor of the YSI.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Finished removing all the carpeting today. Went and picked up some bug bombs and set one off in the car. I will finish taking the sound deadening garbage on the firewall out next weekend. I got the ignition cylinder out of the old steering column and onto the new one from a 99+ dark charcoal one. I hope that when I get the car tuned that it will not cause any issues. Last, I started working on the the dash. I am removing all the wiring from the 96 dash, going to unwrap it, re wrap it, and put it on the new dash when ready.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Thanks to 95riosnake I will be working on my conversion for the rear defrost switch. I removed the entire wiring harness from the 96 dash. I got the water barrier off the driver's door and started removing the sound barrier crap on the inside of the firewall. The stuff is so disgusting. I am looking at replacing it with either a Hushmat or Second Skin product.

One of the decisions I am trying to make and do some research on is my steering column swap. From what I was able to find out the steering column should just swap out between my 96 and the 99 or 01 Cobra one I have, not certain what year it came from. Of course, the key cylinder needs to be swapped to the old one which was easy. But, I got to thinking. I plan on running the Pro EFI setup in the car due to the power and not wanting to fry an engine due to the stock ECU not being able to keep up. More than a few guys over the 600-650 mark have had issues that seem to point to the stock ECU not being up to task. Since this is the case I was going to ditch the PATS system and run an aftermarket alarm to keep the car safe. So, I was thinking of keeping the lock cylinder from the Cobra column I purchased which has the smaller key.

Oh yeah, I ended my Diamond Audio vs Hertz for the stereo debate. I went to look into new wiring for the stereo in both cars since the engine is out. I ended up walking out of the place with a set of D3102.2 Diamond Audio subs. I have the dual 4 ohm voice coil version for my vert and LOVE them. These have just been sitting for about 4 years at the shop.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
hilampI_zpslfwg0waw.jpg

Yesterday was my birthday and we decided to go out for some drinks and food. We had a some friends meet us out and had a wonderful time.

Today we worked around the house . We are putting new flooring in, I replaced the door to our Florida Room, and replaced the flag pole and mount on the house.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Well, I edited the thread a bit. Some changes have been made to the build and what the end game is. That will be revealed a little later. I will post some new pics in a bit.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
So, just a little update. I have not posted pictures or any updates. I am working over 40 hours a week, going to school full time, and remodeling the house (ripped up the carpeting in the living room and coat closet then put down Hardwood Laminate, removed wallpaper in the entryway and bathroom then painted both, and repainted then put up an organization system in the laundry room). Add in the decision to pay off a little over $30k in debt within a year and the builds have slowed to a crawl.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
The past few months have been a bit crazy. Work and school have been crazy. I stepped down from my management position and into a new field, Biomedical Engineering. This will afford me more time at home and eliminate my work stress, I also received a nice raise. Soon I will have some better updates, but for now a picture of my wife's gift for my garage.

63ef4396ed818cf88698f83698ad7034.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Small update, been working a bunch and traveling. Bought some stuff for the car. Started to sand the interior to repainted before starting to put it back together.

Did buy a new DD/tow pig.
2de168cf2b392d17f0de6718526e60b0.jpg

After first wash.

8388e8bb73f72bb4fb8fe410f1fc6fee.jpg

ded904dad89fd3639816de643e8cb185.jpg

After some love and goodies.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
e1cc9cba0e31634ff7ea9488f1faf8fc.jpg

Started making progress. Also got my workbench and tool chest setup. Wifey gave permission to pull the Cobra in the garage until it gets cold.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Those of us with kids are living vicariously through you and your builds. Thank you for sharing.

Lol, I appreciate it. The builds are getting toned down a bit though. The wife and I have changed our minds on the baby topic. We decided we want one which is part of the reason we traded in the Ranger. I have a lot to do to the house to prepare.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
aca42c12cb2156e76006284bdcf5ad7b.jpg

New hood for the Cobra. I also go my valvesprings, I picked up the BTR springs for under $200. Also picked up 03-04 Cobra Reps for partying on. Work has been slow on the cars due to school, a lot of remodeling, working a great deal, and I just picked up a Harley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online