Project Venomous

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not sure if I am a carbon fiber snob or what but I have never been able to get into the dipped CF pattern. In small sections its ok but I have never seen a large piece like a hood done and think it would look a little off. IMO the cf vinyl wraps look better then the dipped cf patterns if your looking for an alternative to paint

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Not sure if I am a carbon fiber snob or what but I have never been able to get into the dipped CF pattern. In small sections its ok but I have never seen a large piece like a hood done and think it would look a little off. IMO the cf vinyl wraps look better then the dipped cf patterns if your looking for an alternative to paint

What is more durable? Wrap or dip?

I was going to get the Carbon Driven Instrument Surround with the two gauge pods. I was thinking of matching some other pieces such as the door cups, door sills, radiator cover, and cop covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Been trying to get the stupid effing sound deadening out. The Dry Ice and Isopropyl Alcohol does not work. I reappropriated the heat gun from work.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
fb64c5bebc605b2e254fcc84f45f7d8d.jpg

So, pretty much my goal with the Cobra build. Lol

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Right now I am concentrating on getting my GT done as it is closer. I am working on redoing the interior at this point on the Cobra. I am removing the factory sound deadening, sanding, repainting, putting in new BoomMat, and the 01+ Dark Charcoal Interior.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Not much going on lately, been a bit busy and too cool to work on the Cobra. However, I decided to TERMINATE the build.

2ea057a93cc1777a68dd6884a0b563a8.jpg

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Thank you!

The engine is at the shop for a tear down and then we will see what I have to work with.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Got a call from the shop, the engine is torn down and just a bad piston as described. This is a big win as I only want the heads, crank, and Eaton swap parts. I should be able to put some cash in my pocket to reinvest in the cars.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
I decided it would be cheaper and cooler, though a huge pain in the ass, to just ditch the stock 96 ECU, wiring, etc... I bought the harness, ECU, and cluster from an 03 Cobra. I already have the Dark Charcoal Interior. Should be fun! I will get the hydroboost and abs stuff from a GT and run all new brake lines. It will be a pain in the ass but cheaper than a piggyback or stand alone ECU.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Just a hint, I sold the Cobra but not the engine stuff for the Eaton setup. And the GT is not getting the Eaton Swap stuff; although I am selling the Eaton itself.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Just a hint, I sold the Cobra but not the engine stuff for the Eaton setup. And the GT is not getting the Eaton Swap stuff; although I am selling the Eaton itself.

I like where this is going..... I'm sensing a singular build combining the strengths of both builds you had going on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online