quads hitting the rear shocks

spacemonkey

Reaction score
I flipped my quads this weekend so when my wheels get here next week I can just toss them on and go.Now my quads are hitting my shocks on bigger bumps.Anyone have this problem?

OP
OP
S

spacemonkey

Reaction score
Re: quads question 2

Well, since there is no answer on that one.Do the quads even need to be flipped? :dunno:

gt96stang

Reaction score
I know when I got my DD and 315's the driver side would rub on hard decel.. and during right turns.. I ditched them once I got u/l control arms though.. If I didn't get the control arms, I would have flipped them..

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I've heard the quads usually need to be flipped when putting a 315 out back.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
we just bought a car with 315's on it and on the lift we noticed what we think you guys are calling a quad (the shock looking thing running more parallel to the ground) rubs the tire when it's on the lift.

we can't tell if it does that on the ground or not, it's so hard to see. what way should the quad be from the factory so we know if it has been "flipped" or not? I assume this means reverse the direction it is going so the skinny side is nearest the tire? (most clearance)?

thanks for another answer to our many naive questions.

Chris + Julia O0

gt96stang

Reaction score
95PGTTech said:
we just bought a car with 315's on it and on the lift we noticed what we think you guys are calling a quad (the shock looking thing running more parallel to the ground) rubs the tire when it's on the lift.

we can't tell if it does that on the ground or not, it's so hard to see. what way should the quad be from the factory so we know if it has been "flipped" or not? I assume this means reverse the direction it is going so the skinny side is nearest the tire? (most clearance)?

thanks for another answer to our many naive questions.

Chris + Julia O0

yes, skinny side should be nearest the tire once you flip the quad shock..

4point6GT

Reaction score
my quads r flipped n I love ma 315s ;D no rubbin at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mustanger

Reaction score
I had to flip mine when I put the 315's on too, the cover just kisses the shock cover but no harm or problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online